What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2213.jpeg
This after a few Mosaic Chroma froM Other Half FLX.

I refuse to pay $100/month for Game pass so only get the Niners by luck...as in Prime tomorrow.

Forgot my electrolyte concoction for my 4mile hike in the heat. Strategically, started at the trailhead 1/4mile from PhP helps! 😏

DIPA made with grapes and a Rye
PXL_20230920_191650718.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
lager sample. DIPA has some nice fruit notes/unique but very good.

PXL_20230920_191559609.jpg

Last edited:
Today I bring forth an old friend, Ayinger Oktober Fest-Märzen. I’m sure most Commoners out there, racing down to their local bottle houses, looking for fine Ayinger Märzens, are happy with the bottles just ripped out of the cardboard cases. Moi? Nah. MY AYINGER MARZEN has been privately lagering over a year in my refrigerated beer hoard at 34F. That’s right, this isn’t the 2023 sitting on the shelves, this is the 2022 batch I saved in cold storage all that time!

A vertical tasting perhaps with the 2023? Me thinketh not! Tonight we are going to glug this 5.8% ABV middleweight by itself. A standalone tasting of a great brew lagered over a year! Ayinger has outdone themselves again, you can rely on Ayinger. This is a rich and filling Oktoberfest beer. Not to be confused with the Festbiers developed by Paulaner for the annual Munich celebration. This Märzen is what partiers were drinking before the current Festbiers came out. 16.9 oz, 500 ml DARK bottle, I love it! I keep these bottles for re-use, don’t say it!

Amber color, malty and low hopping, I’m picking up a slight caramel note, medium carbonation. Fantastic lacing, this beer is a keeper! Maybe I’ll keep my 2023’s until 2024! Prost!

IMG_5290.jpeg
IMG_5291.jpeg

Last edited:
Home Brew Festbier. It’s drinking season folks, time to put together the Varsity drinking teams. Today’s scrimmage incudes Festbier, the one developed so you can chug a couple gallons easily before crawling home! Score!

6% ABV, Weyermann Pilsner and Munich malts, Herkules bittering and a bit of Tradition flavoring charge, that’s about it. Little bit of acid malt. 90 days lagering before cracking that keg. Never hurts taking samples along the way!

The label features one of my favorite wenches delivering me up a Krug. Does life get any better? Get back to work!

IMG_5304.jpeg

In case you haven’t seen this yet:

I would be very interested in photos and tasting notes! ☺️

Good thing I didn't see this video. Very interesting. Almost Hops with beer squeezed out of it. I got surprised with a bunch of beer festivals. I saw a small description of this on Twitter and figured to tone down the beer travels. It's one keg at each location. Most went out within a day but the place an hour away supposedly still has it but their websites are notoriously wrong. So tempting but I'll keep my eyes open on a new release.

OT
PXL_20230921_233537527.jpg

And Always sweet Keever art on Vitamin Sea Brewing labels with Trust Me On This
PXL_20230922_001910442.MP.jpg

Latest posts

Back