What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PXL-20230913-163748425.jpg

HB British Strong. Very happy with the clarity...

Lil bit of a gusher. Was expecting more of a stout. Then I saw 50% quad. def Belgian strong ale vibes with a little bit of a deep cherry bite at the end

PXL_20230914_003010076.jpg

PXL_20230914_003024674.jpg

Here it is still going after 4 minutes. Belgium buzz. It has a nice head once it calms down

Attachments

• PXL_20230914_003010076.jpg
    PXL_20230914_003010076.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Took this picture earlier today.

I did a carb check on my little brown porter that I kegged on Monday. Still stinks of light chocolate malt, but the brown malt has stepped forward on the tongue and the invert #3 has shown up too.

Oh, yeah, this is the stuff.

I've been cursing the weather all summer, just waiting for this. This keg will not live long.

Yum.
DB7C424A-3C94-4F7D-89AB-4E01A2EBC237.jpeg

After 2 more tasters, I switched to a bigger glass, there’s still a little wit left in the keg, but it’s going to be fertilizer tomorrow morning. :(
That's the funny thing about Wits, isn't it? When the weather starts to turn in late winter, I get the Wit itch, and that quickly turns into Wit mania as the trees start to show buds.

It's funny, at least for me, how quickly a Wit tends to wear out its welcome. It's not that it's a bad beer, it's just that there are better uses for the keg and the yeast is a bit of a dead end unless you really like Wits. What else are you going to do with a Wit yeast except make more Wit, right?

I tend to dump a lot of partial Wit kegs. I suppose the short, 2-4 week long springs in the Mid-Atlantic are the culprit.

That's the funny thing about Wits, isn't it? When the weather starts to turn in late winter, I get the Wit itch, and that quickly turns into Wit mania as the trees start to show buds.

It's funny, at least for me, how quickly a Wit tends to wear out its welcome. It's not that it's a bad beer, it's just that there are better uses for the keg and the yeast is a bit of a dead end unless you really like Wits. What else are you going to do with a Wit yeast except make more Wit, right?

I tend to dump a lot of partial Wit kegs. I suppose the short, 2-4 week long springs in the Mid-Atlantic are the culprit.
I could go into the garage and get an empty keg, but then I’d have to find space for it. I won’t be tossing much, it’s a good beer too, but I have plenty bottled. There is maybe another glass and a half liter, I just need to decide if I’ll feed it to some hops, or the mulberry tree. Cheers!

Kegged my cloudy as F APA. I’m confident that it will look good for the event. Installed the clear beer tube the crap will settle out when I chill it down over the next few days. Tastes pretty good too. So drinking leftovers. View attachment 829236

Some of my favorite pints are the ones that don't make it into the keg. I guess a nearly finished beer sorta still has that sense of wonder that you actually created this thing mixed with the promise of things to come.

Not always the best pints, but certainly very satisfying.

Surly Take Five THC Tonic Lime, I haven't had any THC since I was in college about 38 years ago! So far, nuttin', but I still got about a third of the can to go.

Theory: they deliberately make them taste pretty lousy so you don't get carried away and guzzle one right after the other.
Idk man, the thc seltzers near me are pretty delicious lol ny can also do a 10mg dose. If you haven’t partook in nearly 40 years, I’d say don’t drink another. 5 should be plenty

Some of my favorite pints are the ones that don't make it into the keg. I guess a nearly finished beer sorta still has that sense of wonder that you actually created this thing mixed with the promise of things to come.

Not always the best pints, but certainly very satisfying.
I’ll never forget my first home made and home brewed beverages. Success was that it’s drinkable and yes nothing like the satisfaction of having made it. You’re absolutely right, about that satisfaction. This batch had its issues which started before I even pitched the yeast. So this one being better than drinkable feels like I should rename it to “On a Wing and a Prayer“. It’s going to be poured at a wildlife rehab fund raiser. An ale for the masses, but definitely has more flavor than an American lager. Before the pandemic an older woman approached the club, said our beers were the best and all the others she had tasted like panther piss. I wasn’t sure that I had heard that right. Indeed she repeated that.

HB Märzen. 5.4% ABV. Grist is half Munich, half Vienna. Tettnang to 21 IBU, so quite malty. Had to put this one on a bit early as it only lagered for a couple weeks. Catching-up on brewing and noticed I need the space in the kegerator! Tastes nice and the keg should drain quickly.

IMG_8986.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back