What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little Dos Equis to go with birria tacos.
IMG_20230821_153138207.jpg

Don’t let her see this…

View attachment 827549
Southern Nebraska panhandle this afternoon… it’s a dry heat.😎
I'll take a dry heat. Tomorrow humidity will skyrocket. Looking at 130f+ real feel.

Edit: they've come down since this morning.. about 118f real feel. Sooo, living the dream! Climate change dream! 😁😁😁

Numbing in preparation! 😁

PXL_20230821_220644660.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
Who am I anymore??? Got logged out and this was the new log in...

View attachment 827558
IMG_1127.png

I hadn’t been home from work for more than 5 minutes and my pager went off for a mutual aid grass fire.
Home now and chugging a quick thirst quencher to wash down the smoke and dust.
IMG_1126.jpeg

Heavy fog and dew this morning and light rain off and on all day so no harvesting. We did get the combine with mechanical issues fixed, however. After several calls to the nearest Case/IH dealer’s resident combine guru, to confirm that our proposed method of repair was viable, he said ”…go for it. It will last as long as it lasts”. When it dries out, we’ll see.

HB Mosaic Blonde.
B7D9E72F-06A4-4E31-BA9F-3F9D69A17F2E.jpeg

I’ve been reading these pages regarding the merits of Kirin Ichiban and Coors Banquet. You know, I’ve had both of these before but never back-to-back. Quick trip down to the booze shop and we’re in business.

Both of these beers taste very similar. Kirin comes in a touch darker, but both have identical medium-high carbonation, lack of head, lack of lacing, medium body, low IBU’s, maybe 15 or so and both 5% ABV. This must be what most non-beer snobs drink, both are pretty dialed in.

We all know Coors is an adjunct lager, and uses a specialty-grown, proprietary grain. I wasn’t aware that the Kirin was 100% “First Press” malt, whatever that is. Coors uses Rocky Mountain water. Their flavor profiles are so similar that I couldn’t have told you that one had an adjunct or the other didn’t. The primary difference I think comes from the different hops I am assuming each recipe uses. Other than that, pretty darn similar.

These beers are big enough and flavorful to stand on their own, or better yet, drink with a Saturday night hamburger dinner. Sorry, Kirin, I still would prefer a drier Asahi with my Sushi, but I’d really enjoy your Ichiban with that same honorable hamburger dinner as the Coors, or stand-alone it would be fine. Both are exceptionally quaffable, traditional, normal, stand-up, “making Thunderbirds”, just what you’d expect beers. Your beer-guzzling Uncle would enjoy these.

IMG_5030.jpeg

Back