What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spaten Oktoberfest
1692557103011720719979561673409.jpg

My day started at 3;30 AM, made a quick cup of coffee in the Keurig, and headed to the boat, I cleared the jetty at 5:10 , hauled the first lobster pot 15 minutes latter, I was back at the dock cleaning the boat by 7:30 with 9 keeper lobsters in tow, back home, my wife fired up the steam pot, while she prepared breakfast, I went to the garden picked some corn, red peppers and a few jalapeno peppers..after a western omlet with the fresh peppers we steamed up the lobsters.. which brings me to the beer part, summer in New England. Fresh caught lobster, home grown corn and a mug of home brew Saison.. life is good today.

Attachments

• 20230820_154330.jpg
    20230820_154330.jpg
    801.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm sitting here in the office today watching the rain come down. We don’t get tropical rainstorms here in Cali that often. I go outside and it is murky warm, rainy and wet. Heck, they need water to grow hops right? Sounds like a great opportunity to break out this heavyweight hop bomb I’ve been hiding in the fridge this past month.

First off, I clearly must have missed the ABV on this can of lighter fluid at the store. Wow 9.2% ABV. I usually like my brews in a nice respectable, orderly and Teutonic 5% ABV range. I can party twice as long that way. 9.2 is a bit much for me.

Sierra Nevada’s done a terrific job however hiding it. The tasty hoppy brew hides a warming alcohol behind a surprisingly solid malt base. This is a great IPA, but they didn’t pull the hops that forward relative to the malt – it’s still there. Great head, great lacing, I’m picking up citrus notes, maybe a touch of pine. Maybe some Simcoe there, I can’t be sure.

So this is a terrific and muscular IPA for all you cheapskates out there who want great flavor, but want to get hammered hard and fast while leaving you some sober-up cash for Macky Days afterward. Reasonably priced for what you’re getting, basically double the booze, plus you get my favorite 19.2 oz cans. You can sleep it off behind the bleachers. Drink up.

IMG_5013.jpeg

Last edited:
Wind at the back, down hill, not a deep green that slo
PXL_20230821_152836345.jpg
ps away and trash bunker in front. My favorite hole on this practice par3 course.

Trying to get something in before it hits 150f for the 500th time this summer. Trying to talk wife into moving to Nebraska....might take a while to convince her. 😁

HB ginger Maibock, taking a last taste before I dump the keg. (Tastes good, except … way too much ginger.)
View attachment 827539

Don't dump it! With some vodka and little lime juice you could make Moscow mules.

/only half joking
//would try it, though

Trying to get something in before it hits 150f for the 500th time this summer. Trying to talk wife into moving to Nebraska....might take a while to convince her. 😁
Don’t let her see this…

IMG_1123.png
Southern Nebraska panhandle this afternoon… it’s a dry heat.😎

Back