What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2825.jpeg

View attachment 826832A flight at Frequentem Brewing Company.
From left to right:
IPA, two fruited sours, an American light lager and then another fruited sour.
Apparently in my sixties I've turned into an old man... none of those beers look good to me.
Now...get off my lawn!

Firestone Walker is a great brewery here in Southern California. One of my beer-curious daughters hung out there last weekend for a beer and fun with her significant other. She sent me pictures, but no beer. Obviously I have failed as a father.

Oh well, this gets my beer loving salivary glands longing for a hoppy West Coast beer, quick!

Fortunately, beer is just minutes from here, and what beer it is! A delicious West Coast IPA, 6.7% ABV in a manly sized 19.2 oz smoke stack can of a beer. A can taller than its glass. Love it!

Everything that comes out of Firestone Walker is yummy and delicious. Funny story - Their golden ale was floundering until they switched to the area code name 805 which turned on the college kids in Santa Barbara. Great move! This one maintains the family values… Citrusy, piney, everything you want in a W-Coaster. Great job!

View attachment 826897
I'm about half way between their main brewery in Paso and their Barrelworks location in Buellton. Absolutely love going to Barrelworks, especially for their BBA strong ales. It's a treat when they occasionally tap a keg of their rarer or older classics, or have a vertical of different Parabola vintages. Sucaba, their English style barleywine, is one of my absolute favorite beers brewed by anyone. It's especially good on tap, and even more so when they reach back and bring out a 5 or 6+ year old keg of it.

Firestone Walker is a great brewery here in Southern California. One of my beer-curious daughters hung out there last weekend for a beer and fun with her significant other. She sent me pictures, but no beer. Obviously I have failed as a father.

Oh well, this gets my beer loving salivary glands longing for a hoppy West Coast beer, quick!

Fortunately, beer is just minutes from here, and what beer it is! A delicious West Coast IPA, 6.7% ABV in a manly sized 19.2 oz smoke stack can of a beer. A can taller than its glass. Love it!

Everything that comes out of Firestone Walker is yummy and delicious. Funny story - Their golden ale was floundering until they switched to the area code name 805 which turned on the college kids in Santa Barbara. Great move! This one maintains the family values… Citrusy, piney, everything you want in a W-Coaster. Great job!

View attachment 826897
I haven't tried but will if I can find it. Earlier today I saw that Morebeer has a kit version. It has 11 different hops. Wonder if it compares?

Hows that TH brew? It sounds amazing.
It always takes me a bit to get use to a hop centric lager. The base Trail is a little meek on the malt and not as crisp. However, the hop centric versions are really good. I'm growing to enjoy their lagers more and more. I love old school Cascade and this is like a candied Cascade version. I forget the other hop version I got with that one but its more crisp and definitely different. They do good comparison. Now I'm seeing it side pull on draft 🤔 what am I doing tomorrow.....

Back