What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black lager from @Section1
EAD1AA37-026E-4A55-8BE4-E1700D3EAC69.jpeg

I knew my comment above would speak to you. I almost @-ed you,but thought you’d be sleeping. Can’t keep up with your schedule.
Did you tell us what you’re building yet, I can’t remember. It looks pro to me. 👍
Welp, prepare for a story.

I switched to night shift for multiple reasons back in late November '22. The guys I worked with were becoming old and useless, management/engineering was inept yet bothersome, nights has a +15% shift differential and it's peaceful with less homo-sapiens roaming around. As a side note, one of the technicians I now work with was the guy that replaced me at Silicon Systems in Santa Cruz back in July 1994 when we moved to Austin. Small industry.

I normally sleep no more than 5hrs anyway so going back to 7pm-7am (I did this shift from 1992-1999) seems like no big deal to me... SWIMBO? Another matter...😉

The project is an experiment. I wanted a fire feature and LED waterfall feature so giving it a go on a budget. Our plan is to move to Florida for early retirement after the granddaughter we're in care of graduates high school in 4 years. This way I can take these skills and lessons with us. We'll see but either way lessons learned about home remolding.

You can PM me anytime! Found out I'm in a day shift team for a week which will slow me down but hopefully have final pictures in 3 weeks.

Thanks for the inquiry! Hope all is well with you also!

This and some Lemoncello x2

PXL_20230327_011710293.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
PXL_20230327_013815288.PORTRAIT.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230327_025429477.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230327_025429477.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Dinner beers. HB Pliny Inspired WCIPA and a fresh Pliny. Pliny on the left, HB on the right.

HB had 2% C60. A bit more color than Pliny. Overall flavor was very close - my wife and two friends couldn’t tell the difference. I can definitely taste and smell the crystal in the HB (Pliny no longer has any crystal). Next try will be all two-row …

Attachments

• 421302D9-900E-486A-8F32-A568B518786C.jpeg
    421302D9-900E-486A-8F32-A568B518786C.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
HB Cream Ale in what is, probably, a parfait glass. But, for 2 bucks, I wasn’t going to turn down a pair of them. Looks enough like a Hefeweizen glass to call it a beer glass. :cool:
View attachment 816117
I have some Pilsner glasses similar to that from IKEA.
As for me, coffee.
11A8856B-5C1D-4C2B-BD21-CF57D8B7C10E.jpeg

HB Festbier, I know it’s out of season…
View attachment 816242
Seasons? We don't need no stinking seasons!
I have one sitting in primary. Final gravity sample tasted great. First time I used the 835X yeast. I'll be breaking it out end of May for my son and future dil's wedding shower.

What's the new hop and why don't you like it?
New hop is EXP ID-158. Descriptors were citrus and stone fruit, plus honey and vanilla. I don’t get those, but maybe instead … butter? (I don’t think it’s diacetyl, which I’m not really sensitive to anyhow.) And maybe some green onion.

I’ve found new hops to be hit or miss. This is a miss. HBC 1019, on the other hand, was great stuff.

Descriptors were citrus and stone fruit, plus honey and vanilla. I don’t get those, but maybe instead … butter? (I don’t think it’s diacetyl, which I’m not really sensitive to anyhow.) And maybe some green onion.
Citrus, stone fruit, honey and vanilla sound lovely. Butter and green onion not so much. Too bad, especially since it's looks so good.

Back