What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Czech dark lager. Love this style

74136BCD-1B75-4104-9A61-4D16F93D9D85.jpeg

did it fit to a specific dark lager style i.e. czech dark or schwarzbier or international dark lager? Ive had plenty of these beers labeled just as "dark lagers" which I also dig. Havent had that one though
It was probably more Czech than anything with the malt character but had an American hop presence. It was solid

A HB saffron tripel from @wetmk .
Spent the morning installing a new rebuilt transmission in my son’s pickup in my freezing shop. I really want to brew tomorrow, but since the daytime high temperature is only supposed to be 4°, I think I’ll wait until next weekend.
View attachment 811271
View attachment 811272
Come to NY, It upped 20s, you can replace my Pressure plate in my clutch so it stops slipping and I’ll assist your brew lol

Come to NY, It upped 20s, you can replace my Pressure plate in my clutch so it stops slipping and I’ll assist your brew lol
If it wasn’t 1700+ miles, I’d do it. I’d bring a nice assortment of beers to trade too. I’ll brew next weekend… it’s supposed to be almost 40°.

If it wasn’t 1700+ miles, I’d do it. I’d bring a nice assortment of beers to trade too. I’ll brew next weekend… it’s supposed to be almost 40°.
1700 miles is worth the ride for @Dgallo brews :)

Nice smooth 2021 holiday stout. I had a freshie which was meh. It was a special barrel selected version by a really good whiskey guy. Time did it good. Smoothed out the barrel and vanilla is more roasted marshmallows
IMG_20230128_194252.jpg

Wow, great tasting Belgian strong ale, Delirium Red tips the scales in at 8.0% ABV. That makes this a BIG beer! Great and solid 1 finger head, lasts a couple minutes, medium lacing. Deep reddish color, this beer is produced in the fruity style with cherry and elderberry, and boy does that show through. A beer produced in the Belgian tradition of fruity delicious candies, pastries and deserts.

This is a delicious beer with the cherry and elderberry additions, almost like a fruity Lambic. I’d like to make an ice cream float with this one, what a terrific beer. Almost like a soda pop, all the unsure fledgling beer drinkers are sure to love this.
773C690D-FA48-4C24-9F04-211EE05556E4.jpeg

Amnesiac DIPA by Phillips Brewing & Malting Co. from Victoria, BC. I'm trying to forget the small disaster that happened with my Spruce Tip Porter brew this morning. :rolleyes:

Amnesiac2.jpg

Uhhmm...yeah. The airlock stayed on for about another 10 mins, then POP!! out comes the Krausen! S*&#!!! This was my first blowout. :oops:

SpruceTip_Porter_Krausen.jpg

Maybe that third packet of yeast was a bad idea for this 1.100 brew...sigh. Oh well, I have a spigot at the bottom of this Fermzilla, so the krausen protected the beer as I emptied almost all of it into a good 'ole brewing bucket and threw on the lid as soon as I could. 5 mins later, more krausen was forming, so I think I've saved it. Well, only time will tell. Hopefully it's alright. Whewph! o_O

Back