What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nine Pound Porter
ADBA5821-9C61-47D3-909A-7C13BB0F0551.jpeg

Get some tasting glasses, lay out your bourbons and do a blind tasting. Have somebody else pour into the glasses so you don’t know which is which while you are tasting them. Start by going up and down and just smelling each one. Then take small tastes and have a few sips of water between each.

The photo below was our “under $20” category (at the time.) Believe it or not, Old Crow was the standout for me in that lineup. My wife preferred Jim Beam White Label. They are all different when you get them lined up like that. Just don’t go too fast or take too big drinks or they will all taste the same.

View attachment 792471
Wow, Rebel Yell! Haven't thought about that in a looong time. It was my go to in my high sch..., er, younger days.😉

A02EF577-DB86-4DAE-9C0A-136F9DC34DAA.jpeg

I call this Life Happens Oak Whiskey Stout. In 2020, I filled a pint jar with French oak chips and topped it off with Buffalo Trace whiskey. My plan was to use it in 4-6 weeks. Well, my brew partner moved away and I took a little break from brewing. During the summer of 2022 I brewed a stout at 9% and tossed in the chips (small amount of liquid whiskey) about a month later. If you like oak forward flavors this is something to try. The oak is strong but not overly bitter. I need to hold back a few bottles to try in a year or so.

8AC0B13F-D55D-4E71-A289-EF0F3B49E40D.jpeg
We were supposed to go to my grandparents house for Thanksgiving but things changed. My youngest popped positive for COVID for the third time in one year. Ugh. Only the sniffles and a runny nose for her. I’m grateful that’s all it is but it still sucks.
So I’ll start drinking now and had to try a splash of this. Delicious!!! 🔥🔥🔥
Thanks @TheDudeLebowski for this bottle!!!

30EE9672-DABB-46D4-A9EF-61321BDD367C.jpeg

Cordial from Treehouse thanks to @TheDudeLebowski ! It’s truly chocolate covered cherries with a prominent barrel character.
Untappd’s Description:
Cordial is an Imperial Stout aged in Rye Whiskey barrels and then conditioned atop cocoa nibs and cherries. The resulting stout is richly complex, with a medium body and dense flavor profile.

Pouring like chocolate syrup into the glass, we taste baker's chocolate, spiced dark fruit, barrel heat and chocolate-covered rye whiskey candy.

A beautiful lace clings to the side of this glass adding to the appeal of this complex, artful barrel-aged delight! Enjoy!

Aged 16 months in Rye Whiskey barrels.

View attachment 792567We were supposed to go to my grandparents house for Thanksgiving but things changed. My youngest popped positive for COVID for the third time in one year. Ugh. Only the sniffles and a runny nose for her. I’m grateful that’s all it is but it still sucks.
So I’ll start drinking now and had to try a splash of this. Delicious!!! 🔥🔥🔥
Thanks @TheDudeLebowski for this bottle!!!
Hope she feels better soon and you can make that visit happen when she tests neg.

Happy Turkey Day Y'all! So much activity this last week with the wedding/family so putting it off. Got a bird to smoke and one for the oven when the time comes. Kids left some HB Raspberry Hard Lemonade. It won't drink itself, right? Great ending for game 1!

PXL_20221124_204913842.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Happy Turkey Day Y'all! So much activity this last week with the wedding/family so putting it off. Got a bird to smoke and one for the oven when the time comes. Kids left some HB Raspberry Hard Lemonade. It won't drink itself, right? Great ending for game 1!

View attachment 792587

Crazy ending 😁

Back