What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, JesterMage the All Knowing, predict that in 4 weeks - Nay!! - 5! 5 weeks I will be drinking a Belgian Tripel.

IMG_20211101_133217345.jpg

How did combo come out? I like the hops individually and I used them with mosiac in an ipa but I was always thinking about an enigma nelson beer

Overall good. Like the combo but it only happened because I didn’t have as much Enigma as I needed and on the fly pivoted to add some Nelson. Glad the Nelson didn’t overpower, the Enigma is a softer expression to me. I would probably go 2:1 enigma

4E35AA0A-E28C-48C6-8A4B-7649EFE3BDBB.jpeg

i detected a little peach/core, oversweetened with some dextriny mouthfeel in the first dose. Second dose was even less pleasant with more of an oversweet chemical flavor rather than peach. Overall, still blows but better than drinks of the past. 😑
13502C7A-9411-4C25-87B7-88F9704E521D.jpeg

Last edited:
Rochefort Tripel Extra, Starts off sweet then the spice comes through, then finishes dry with the classic Rochefort yeast flavor.
Stopped by my packy again. They had Rochefort and Westmalle close to 50% off. Picked up a 6 pack of W and only one bottle of R was left. Got more Tilquin tho :) I'll have to visit again soon during the restock.

Short pour of HB Porter while getting the brewery ready for a brewing and bottling day tomorrow.
View attachment 747658

I spotted the Bayern Brewing in the background. We had a nice flight of beers and bratwurst at their taproom about 8 years ago when passing through Missoula. They do mostly German-style lagers and do them well.

I spotted the Bayern Brewing in the background. We had a nice flight of beers and bratwurst at their taproom about 8 years ago when passing through Missoula. They do mostly German-style lagers and do them well.
Bayern is probably as close as one can get to “real” German beer in this country. The owner and the brewmaster are both from Bavaria and both apprenticed at the same, 500-year-old, brewery. They take German style brewing quite seriously. One of my favorite breweries.

Enjoying a glass of Fresh Squished courtesy of Mr. Sean Walker’s amazing NB all grain IPA kit deal from last spring. I’m really impressed with these kits, they aren’t just drinkable, they’re something to look forward to on the drive home from work.

Too much dry hops to ever be a pretty beer, but it’s a satisfying beer.

Thanks, again, Mr. Walker! You have me writing US pale ale and IPA recipes again after a long, long drought.

EB1B1EE6-00EF-41B8-ABC9-7AC110673118.jpeg

Thanks for those photos. My family is from Lovelock, Winnemucca, and McDermitt so hmmm, that's pleasant to look at. I can smell those pictures. Nothing beats Fall and Spring in the Nevada high desert--the rest kinda sucks, but Fall and Spring are awfully good.

Thanks for posting those. They made me happy.
Makes me happy to read this. We are loving it, so much to see and do. 🍻

8E02C39B-642C-4D16-8350-BF032F06A93A.jpeg
0A0E37E9-E687-410E-8F65-48018F2F0D21.jpeg
BBD0E9D8-F864-4937-9FAD-A894069BA6FE.jpeg

Some Sapwood Cellars, followed by Perculiar via @JCasey1992 and now a HB IPA from a friend in my homebrew club. The “Eckert” hops were the wild hops she found growing up a telephone pole while out for a walk. She harvested them and used them in this brew. Even with some age it’s holding up nicely.

View attachment 747686View attachment 747687View attachment 747688
Some Sapwood Cellars, followed by Perculiar via @JCasey1992 and now a HB IPA from a friend in my homebrew club. The “Eckert” hops were the wild hops she found growing up a telephone pole while out for a walk. She harvested them and used them in this brew. Even with some age it’s holding up nicely.
Sapwood is on bucket list, bucket list seems like bad choice of words, must have seems appropriate 😀

Back