What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of this while brewing a chocolate covered coconut stout
20191130_012810.jpeg
20191130_131233.jpeg
20191130_135344.jpeg

Lake still not frozen?

In some spots (coves), yes. Moosehead Lake is huge. Won’t freeze completely this month.

I’ve been crushing beers outside and it’s been 12F without the wind-chill. Some good, some not so good.

Attachments

• 85F9EBC3-59E6-4E6F-97FF-1114CE9C3836.jpeg
    85F9EBC3-59E6-4E6F-97FF-1114CE9C3836.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
IMG_7918.JPG

Cleaned the house this morning. Deep cleaned my coffee roaster then cleaned out the double sink traps in one of the bathrooms moments ago. So gross (the traps not the roaster or house haha) but needed to be done and water drains so much faster.
Onto this Berliner and relaxing for a bit.

Comparing Breckenridge Vanilla Porter to a local brew- Madtown Nut Brown. Breckenridge VP still wins. I am wanting to brew a vanilla porter next, and I am thinking of adding a nice roasted nut flavor... (tulip glasses happen to be from our favorite craft brewery in the Michigan UP)

Attachments

• IMG_20191130_160154845.jpg
    IMG_20191130_160154845.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 31
I'LL never vote for Sooners to make playoffs...Big8 thing. Baylor can take them anyway. OhioSt/LSU/Clemson/Bama, assuming they win today. Some say Georgia but SEC East is super weak so be a hard sell IMHO. Pretty sure LSU wins SEC. How about you?
So who you got making the playoffs? 3 are obvious, who gets the last spot? I’m guessing the Sooners. Best resume of the remaining teams. Now for a better beer
View attachment 654948
Good year...
Image%20(16).jpeg

I'LL never vote for Sooners to make playoffs...Big8 thing. Baylor can take them anyway. OhioSt/LSU/Clemson/Bama, assuming they win today. Some say Georgia but SEC East is super weak so be a hard sell IMHO. Pretty sure LSU wins SEC. How about you?Good year...View attachment 654955

I’m sticking with OSU/Clemson/LSU and the sooners are the last team in. Bama ain’t dead yet though..

Edit: Bama is dead now..
Edit2: Go Utah!

Last edited:
View attachment 654959
Hanging Christmas lights is a 2 beer task. [emoji482]
Tell me about it.

I brewed a lager today while my wife was decorating the living/dining room. She kept coming down to the basement storage room (adjacent to my brew space) to get more Xmas stuff. Some of the totes the “stuff” is stored in were too bulky/heavy for her to carry up the stairs, so I had numerous interruptions. Only thing I overlooked in the process was taking a preboil gravity reading (did get a first runnngs and OG, though).

My wife really likes to go overboard for Xmas. Me, not so much.

Last edited:
Back