What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homemade cocktail with fresh lemon juice and lime juice and moonshine from a local distillery with a little bit of agave nectar. Rocky Patel maduro
20190404_213929.jpeg
20190404_213838.jpeg

1st coffee. Now Cold Brew Hefe v5. Made it less bannana'y and lighter for the warmer days. 4.73%. Also reseaching yeast starter items. Hopefully this will help improve my neipa rut..

View attachment 620593

Unrelated and I don't feel like treading back through pages, but how are you going to manage the apricot situation (or are you subb'ing out a different fruit)?

Homegrown mint tea @pshankstar - How's the plant coming along?

Unrelated and I don't feel like treading back through pages, but how are you going to manage the apricot situation (or are you subb'ing out a different fruit)?

It’s growing strong! I haven’t picked any leaves yet but soon. I’m not sure if it will go in the ground this year or next year. I would like for it to get much bigger before moving it outdoors.

What’s your method for the mint tea? Do you just make black tea and add some mint leaves? Or is it green tea with the mint? Just add a few leaves to your favorite tea? Am I overthinking it? Haha

It’s growing strong! I haven’t picked any leaves yet but soon. I’m not sure if it will go in the ground this year or next year. I would like for it to get much bigger before moving it outdoors.

You would be surprised how hearty mint is - put it in the ground after the last frost this year, and you will be set.

What’s your method for the mint tea? Do you just make black tea and add some mint leaves? Or is it green tea with the mint? Just add a few leaves to your favorite tea? Am I overthinking it? Haha

It is straight mint - nothing else. I usually pick the mint throughout the year, toss it into a reusable produce bag (they're mesh material), and hang it in the garage to dry. Those dry leaves are what I use for the mint tea. You can use fresh leaves, too, which I do to flavor water (or sparking water if I'm making my own). Mint and raspberries (or any other berry) infused water is always tasty...more-so if it's bubbly.

Note: I also add the leaves to other teas when I'm blending should that be the desired flavor. I'd start with trying it on its own though to know volume of leaves to water ratio that you prefer.

ps: I've also brewed beer with the mint tea ("dry hopped"). It's potent so a little goes a long way.

Apricots are supposed to be in season. Haven't looked yet..there's always something good out.

This kind of day after fixing the fence from last nights skunk/dog battle.
20190405_134753.jpeg

1st coffee. Now Cold Brew Hefe v5. Made it less bannana'y and lighter for the warmer days. 4.73%. Also reseaching yeast starter items. Hopefully this will help improve my neipa rut..

View attachment 620593
Try this one...worked out great for me.

Not cheap though...& give it a week in the keg.

My FG was a little high...haven't figured that one out, but it still came in at 7%.
20190224_080337.jpg

IMG_4738.JPG

Aslin’s Genius Kitchen is an Imperial Stout w/ nutella, coffee, maple, cinnamon, & strawberry. This beer is based off one of our favorite breakfast foods, FRENCH TOAST, and we took it to the next level and stuffed it with strawberry and nutella!
I think @afro_lou has a can from the last round of FotD. If so, I think you will dig it! So smooth for being 15%. But then again all Aslin’s stouts have been super smooth to me!

Back