What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell of a weekend didn't sleep Friday night went to work Saturday then drove an hour to Rochester to share some HB with brothers ended up at the bars and got back to Buffalo at 6am.. Then went to work Sunday at 8am and wellp I still feel nauseous lol

Last night during my 3 hr layover in Charlotte coming back from Los Angeles..1st one, tasty..2nd one, meh, but drinkable..

Peoples Porter.jpg

Dale's Pale Ale.jpg

Nightcap...HB Vienna Lager...man, aging it made all the world of difference! 1st bottle I had was 'meh', this one is 'wow, nice!' :)

batch 5a vienna lager.jpg

HB
Been stuck for time,so an extract+13% sugar beer.
12litres,15 minute boil with 4oz of citra and 2oz of Simcoe dry hop,fermented with Belle.
3.8% 55IBUs.
A true Summer Sipper!

Pineapple sculpin. Getting pretty much zero pineapple whatsoever especially considering how grapefruit forward the grapefruit sculpin is.

HB
Been stuck for time,so an extract+13% sugar beer.
12litres,15 minute boil with 4oz of citra and 2oz of Simcoe dry hop,fermented with Belle.
3.8% 55IBUs.
A true Summer Sipper!

Sounds interesting, I was thinking of doing a quick and dirty gose ale, belle definitely is a beast of a yeast working on a 10% saison for me rn

Another incredible Treehouse IPA. Smelled the Mosaic instantly.

View attachment 342891

I'm going to get some of their beers this summer... I heard it's quite hard as they are such a sought after young brewery.

Romantic chemistry.. I really love apricots and it's inspiring my an apricot gose I have in the plans

View attachment 1457481245976.jpg

Pineapple sculpin. Getting pretty much zero pineapple whatsoever especially considering how grapefruit forward the grapefruit sculpin is.

True and how spicy the habanero is.. I find most of the pineapple at the end as a lingering taste, if they did anymore it'd end up like the watermelon Dorado.. Which is intense to say the least

View attachment 1457481835455.jpg

True and how spicy the habanero is.. I find most of the pineapple at the end as a lingering taste, if they did anymore it'd end up like the watermelon Dorado.. Which is intense to say the least

View attachment 342904

I was hoping it'd have a bit more of that pineapple sweetness up front to blend with the hop forward ness but not like grapefruit sculpin that it's so over the top grapefruit. I know I ask a lot. Lol. At least I prob didn't get a bad bottle it's just not as intense as I was thinking it'd be.

View attachment 342904

Love ballast point! If I had some id be drinking it but I'm switching it up and drinking a bottle of 2014 cab Sauvignon I made

Just had a glass (OK 2 glasses) of my RJ Spagnols Grand Cru International German Gewurztraminer with my wife. I followed that up with a glass of KingBrianI's Common Room ESB.

I should go to bed but I'm not sleepy and I'm still thirsty.

I was hoping it'd have a bit more of that pineapple sweetness up front to blend with the hop forward ness but not like grapefruit sculpin that it's so over the top grapefruit. I know I ask a lot. Lol. At least I prob didn't get a bad bottle it's just not as intense as I was thinking it'd be.

No I completely had the same critique.. I love pineapple and I was so damned hyped for this beer but when I got to it, I experienced a mild let down

Love ballast point! If I had some id be drinking it but I'm switching it up and drinking a bottle of 2014 cab Sauvignon I made

Amazing that constellation brands bought them out for that much, freaking crazy but nice may try to get into wine making. Seems less labor intensive

Brown shugga in the mean time, buy one get one baby

View attachment 1457494245145.jpg

Latest posts

Back