What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sippin on a hydro sample from a Saison I made during the summer.. I'm a bottling slacker (I need kegs). Tastes delicious though. 1.072 to 1.004.

image-2136127422.jpg

bottlebomber said:
Sippin on a hydro sample from a Saison I made during the summer.. I'm a bottling slacker (I need kegs). Tastes delicious though. 1.072 to 1.004.

Looks great! Ya gotta bottle that trash, ya slacker. :) I'm about to take the leap to kegging. I'll be kegging the two batches I just brewed yesterday, so I look forward to less bottling in my future.

What I'm drinking right now is a sample from my Blueberry Cyser. Made this back in July and its now starting to smooth out just a bit.

image-1132898706.jpg

Side-by-side Shiner Bock and WesleyS's American bock. I know Shiner Bock isn't really a bock, but based on Wes calling it an American bock I figured it would be a fair comparison. Wes's is a lot darker and has a lot more malt character than Shiner, but they smell almost exactly the same. Good job, Wes.

20121226_152129.jpg

My first Italian craft beer - Contessa by Birra Amiata.

Interesting, it's supposed to be an American IPA. But it was more English in bittering character. The hop aroma was pronounced, very earthy.

image-3418743274.jpg

Ok it's time to get some serious booze on. Time for a Bruery Black Tuesday at 18.3% ABV.

ForumRunner_20121226_142415.jpg

And it is SOOOO delicious. This one is a 2011 Black Tuesday...it is super smooth with a brilliant blend of bourbon, chocolate, and raisins. The alcohol is there but it's of the sweet, perfumy variety and not "hot" at all.

Ayinger Bavarian hefe-weizen. Awesome beer. Up on deck is Dechutes Hop Henge Experimental IPA.

damn seems like now I need pix. Thanks for showing labels and the "pour". I will try to keep up.

but for now... Ithaca Beer White Gold, a wheat beer with english, belgian, and wild yeasts. not bad, i think the wild yeasts giving it a hint of sour is its savior but lovin it, even in the middle of winter in the middle of a snowstorm, maybe cause I am in Ithaca so I may be tourist partial

image-2819843624.jpg

russrob81 and my first attempt at a brew. It's a very easy drinking blonde ale with notes of caramel up front and light hops on the very end about 5.2 ABV.

nukebrewer said:
Side-by-side Shiner Bock and WesleyS's American bock. I know Shiner Bock isn't really a bock, but based on Wes calling it an American bock I figured it would be a fair comparison. Wes's is a lot darker and has a lot more malt character than Shiner, but they smell almost exactly the same. Good job, Wes.

Saw your post and decided to drink my American Bock as well. It looked almost black in your picture, I guess I never realized it turned out that dark in comparison to Shiner Bock. I never did a side by side comparison.
Here it is in the light.

image-678059586.jpg

Saw your post and decided to drink my American Bock as well. It looked almost black in your picture, I guess I never realized it turned out that dark in comparison to Shiner Bock. I never did a side by side comparison.
Here it is in the light.

Yeah, I always seem to have trouble getting decent lighting. I assure you it wasn't actually that dark.

nukebrewer said:
Yeah, I always seem to have trouble getting decent lighting. I assure you it wasn't actually that dark.

Yeah same here, this house has horrible lighting. Past a certain SRM the color doesn't translate too well in pictures.

Hailing from Alaska, this delicious White IPA brewed with kumquats, peppercorn, and all galaxy hops, fermented in French oak and bottle conditioned with Brett. I guess they really wanted my attention ;)

image-2362399083.jpg

Efficiency drop on my first beer of the day (Chinook/Vienna SMaSH) due to a little over-ambition (tried to mash 13 lbs in a 5 gallon kettle, learned I can get the same OG mashing 12.5 lbs, and damn close with 12 lbs). So my OG was a few points low. I'd planned for an efficiency drop, but not as much as I got.

And then I let the strike water get away from my on my second brew (Kolsch), and mashed a couple degrees higher than initially planned. Enough that it might mean a point or two higher FG, but not enough that it's worth correcting.

Point being that I'm RDWHAHB'ing with my Mild while the second mash is going.

nukebrewer said:
First chili pepper beer and I didn't think I'd like it, but it's really good. Next up is Ghost Face Killah which has ghost, serrano, jalapeno, habanero, fresno and anaheim peppers.

I think this beer might have some unintended consequences on the nether regions, once it hits the gut.

My first Italian craft beer - Contessa by Birra Amiata.

Interesting, it's supposed to be an American IPA. But it was more English in bittering character. The hop aroma was pronounced, very earthy.

It definitely wasn't a West coast IPA but also happier than English. Different, but tasty enough to have again.

Okay this is what i have debating on drinking.

Would you?

All i know is i had it 7 years ago was good (really hoppy for me at the time)

What I know its a double IPA, bought 2 when they came in only 967 came to my state out of the 10,000 made.

image-2023492406.jpg

image-1553288672.jpg

Kind of like my first two barleywine/strong ales. Not that great, but mine got alittle better with a year age on it but possibly not better than this (that might not be saying much). Wasnt into the John Henry origional one either the times Ive had them.

west indies.jpg

Okay this is what i have debating on drinking.

Would you?

All i know is i had it 7 years ago was good (really hoppy for me at the time)

What I know its a double IPA, bought 2 when they came in only 967 came to my state out of the 10,000 made.

Hop aroma will be diminished but otherwise I wouldn't bat a eye at trying it!

Latest posts

Back