What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Belgium Red Hoptober, just finished a Fat Tire also.

photo+%283%29.JPG

image-2447031078.jpg

Cigar City Jai-alai. This is damn close to the top of my list of IPA's, I can't think of one better right now. Definitely a different style than NW, NE or WC. if you haven't tried it, find a way to.

bottlebomber said:
I'll see you that, and raise you a 3kg wedge of Parmesan.

You son of a motherless goat! Waiving that Pliny in my face like that! Oh well. I had a couple pretty successful trips to the liquor store in the past couple days. Got a Lucky Bast@rd and a Clown Shoes Tramp Stamp and then today came home with these.

image-3079655092.jpg

Finding a bottle of Enjoy By 12-21-12 made my week! I'll probably drink that tomorrow.

bottlebomber said:
The fruit flies were trying to tear this one from my hands

I enjoyed that one, but I really don't remember picking up on the coconut much. Still a good beer though.

WesleyS said:
Finding a bottle of Enjoy By 12-21-12 made my week! I'll probably drink that tomorrow.
You'll enjoy that one. The use of Citra is most evident.

WesleyS said:
I enjoyed that one, but I really don't remember picking up on the coconut much. Still a good beer though.

It wasn't. I enjoyed the subtleness of the coconut much more that feeling like I'm drinking some cheap Mexican candy though.

bottlebomber said:
It wasn't. I enjoyed the subtleness of the coconut much more that feeling like I'm drinking some cheap Mexican candy though.

Mmmmm.....cheap Mexican candy beer. I know what I'm brewing next! :)

I'm taste-testing my holiday beer. The last few ounces went into a Kronenbourg 1664 bottle, and then into the fridge. It was an experiment, and one that didn't produce a desired result. It is absolutely flat. Not bad tasting, but flat. I imagine that the remainder of my beer, the whole four-and-some-odd gallons of it, that were filled completely, and didn't get bottle conditioned in the refrigerator, will be more palatable.

As for the taste, it has cinnamon, nutmeg, white cardamom, and other Christmas-y spices in it. Not too sour, not too high of gravity, and not that bad, really. I think I'll use a little more Irish Moss next time.

2009 Yeti Imperial Stout. I didn't like this when I bought it over 3 years ago. I thought it was way too hoppy for a stout so I cellared the remaining 3 bottles. Now that the hops have subdued I like it better.

This is one of NordeastBrewer77's home brews. It's a pumpkin ale called Moon Hill Pumpkin Ale 2.0. It's very delicious and tastes just like pumpkin pie, which is my favorite kind of pie :)

20121201_221100.jpg

Had a Cascade pale ale earlier. Now I'm enjoying a Boulevard Double Wide IPA, awesome stuff! Next up is a Slow Elk oatmeal stout....

Paulaner premium pils... Just got off work needed something to quaff.. Gonna put Heretics Evil Cousin on deck next tho..

Boulevard NutCracker Ale. The first year I had this I was really inspired pretty highly by the chinook wet hop they did, but it was lacking the last year or two(at least the bottles I tried-it seemed) This year is why I remembered why I liked it so much although it is much bigger than it use to be possibly sweeter as well. Still a nice malty seasonal winterwarmer. Nice woody vanilla caramel thing to it.Definatly 6 pack worthy for winter. Not to metion my furnace broke-not to be fixed til Monday. Its unseasonably warm,luckily. A new space heater and this beer is doing the trick pretty much though.:) Think those wet chinooks would have hit harder with the lower 5.8% it was, than the malty sweet 7.8% it is now,still love it.

Stone Levitation
New Belgium Snow Day
Deschutes Jubilale
Lagunitas Daytime IPA
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Independence ESB
Independence Red
Independence Stash IPA
Independence Pale
Independence Convict Hill Stout
Pinthouse Calma Muerta (Fantastic Session Ale)

KeyWestBrewing's original recipe Badfish IIPA. I think he was right when he said mine was pretty much spot on. I do think his has a slightly more vibrant hop character, though.

20121201_230800.jpg

Currently drinking the dregs of a Pepper ESB that I made as a present for my Father in Law.

Read about a method for pepper beers where you split the batch for fermentation and add the peppers to half the batch. Then you can blend to desired hotness. Well, the beer ended up less hot that desired un-blended. So I bottled the peppered portion (very tasty still, just not hot) and then bottled the un-peppered portion.

Oh, did I mention I didnt rinse out my bottling bucket or auto-siphon in-between?

Yeah, so now I have an oddly-sorta peppered ESB to work my way through.

But hey, beer is beer. Its still better than MBC crap.

**** you bastards getting those Fantome saisons. I can't get any in my area. :(

I am finishing off a 750ml of brett brown I brewed 18 months ago. It's gone from very funky to tasty cherry funk flavor. Really glad I waited to drink more of this one.

Well happen to be lucky today... Drinking fou' foune and zwanze @ crooked stave - also drinkin nightmare on Brett aged in cognac as well another aged in brandy... :)

Sounds like a good place to be!!:mug:

Back