What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is an 18-month old article making the rounds again? Yes, there are hop bombs like Hop Stoopid, but the vast majority of IPAs these days are not focused on bitterness, but on the aroma and flavor components. I'm wondering if this name wasn't a pseudonym used by foodbabe?!

I actually found Hop Stoopid to be oddly smooth. It surprised the **** out of me, and it wasn't even old.
What are your reasons? I hate the inflated expectations, prices, lines and BS.

This year specifically I'm not a fan of flaky friends who leave you in the lurch at the last minute. Figured out a backup plan at least.
Flaky people for sure. Just the typical, the year has ended and not much that I hoped would change has changed in spite of all best efforts. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today...literally and figuratively.
This.

Im not paying 20-30$ to get into a packed bar that is serving watered down 15$ drinks. Id rather BBQ with friends and get smashed at home :D And given that its barely gonna get above 40 degrees here today (yes Im from San Diego, Im a wimp) I dont want to be outside bar hopping hahaa
I want to say as a girl who spent 97% of her life in Orange County, that today is the very best day you kids can whip out your over-sized beanies, heavy North Face jackets, and UGG boots if you're so inclined, without the rest of the country laughing at you making terrible jokes and wondering when the Facebook feed of "OMG it is SOOOO cold here" status updates will end.

40 is decently cold, 30 is when I whip out the winter coat.

I want to say as a girl who spent 97% of her life in Orange County, that today is the very best day you kids can whip out your over-sized beanies, heavy North Face jackets, and UGG boots if you're so inclined, without the rest of the country laughing at you making terrible jokes and wondering when the Facebook feed of "OMG it is SOOOO cold here" status updates will end.

40 is decently cold, 30 is when I whip out the winter coat.

Oh we're total wimps. Ill be the first the admit it (and I was born and raised here)! And and second it starts drizzling (a.k.a. heavy rain) everyone instantly forgets how to drive. I will say that Im wearing a heavier than normal jacket, but I did skip the beanie. :drunk: I checked facebook this morning and everyone had posted snow pictures so you are right there. But since youre from Orange you should appreciated this... Camp Pendleton is covered in snow. Like, a pretty good amount (and its sticking, for now).

Back to water. Contemplating a Dr. Pepper with lunch

Decided to re-watch The Walking Dead from the beginning. Having a Sculpin to start the marathon.

CameraZOOM-20141231154158706.jpg

Decided to re-watch The Walking Dead from the beginning. Having a Sculpin to start the marathon.

I've missed some. I have been watching Homeland again though. I snagged Mama Hello's password so I could get HBO Go, Showtime, FX Now, and anything else I don't currently pay for in my cable lineup. :D

Having water. Next up...a delicious Coffee Milk Stout, 11%...I'm picking up 3 32's soon.

Commodore Perry IPA, watching football. TCU just made the whole "playoff" system meaningless.

Ole Miss got rolled. TCU would have smoked Ohio State. I'd say the line on that would have been TCU -16.
@bucknuts

Ole Miss got rolled. TCU would have smoked Ohio State. I'd say the line on that would have been TCU -16.
@bucknuts

Nobody can dispute TCU's claim to be the top team in the nation at this point. Their only loss was a road game, by a FG, to the team the Committee ranked #5.

Nobody can dispute TCU's claim to be the top team in the nation at this point. Their only loss was a road game, by a FG, to the team the Committee ranked #5.

OSU has definitely come on strong. But I thought they were the "feel-good" pick to come all the way from being ranked #18 or whatever it was, to #4.

That VT loss should've eliminated OSU from playoff contention. What I kept hearing is its the teams that are playing the best "right now" that are deserving of making the playoff. That's bull****, IMO.

OSU stinks against SEC teams in bowl games. Something like 0-10 or 0-11 all-time. I'd be shocked if Bama didn't win this game by 18 points.

OSU has definitely come on strong. But I thought they were the "feel-good" pick to come all the way from being ranked #18 or whatever it was, to #4.

That VT loss should've eliminated OSU from playoff contention. What I kept hearing is its the teams that are playing the best "right now" that are deserving of making the playoff. That's bull****, IMO.

OSU stinks against SEC teams in bowl games. Something like 0-10 or 0-11 all-time. I'd be shocked if Bama didn't win this game by 18 points.

Agree with all of that. But OSU will be a legit national contender next year or the year after. But their D needs a lot of help.

@bucknuts

No chance. I would have no fear of my beloved Buckeyes vs TCU.Ole Miss was/is overrated, TCU and Baylor both overrated and didnt belong in the playoff. I wish OSU were playing Fla St or Oregon instead of Bama I would like our chances better.

No chance. I would have no fear of my beloved Buckeyes vs TCU.Ole Miss was/is overrated, TCU and Baylor both overrated and didnt belong in the playoff. I wish OSU were playing Fla St or Oregon instead of Bama I would like our chances better.

I don't. Not with your 3rd string QB.

OSU will be ranked #1 to start next season.

I think Oregon-FSU is the game everyone wanted to see and I am glad we are getting that opportunity as college football fans.

Getting off of the couch to grab another beer.

I strongly disagree. Bama will destroy OSU and Baylor will embarrass Sparty. Either way, TCU and OSU both played P5 conference schedules, both finished in 1st place in a P5 conference and both lost one game. TCU's loss was a 3 pt loss, on the road, to a team that went 11-1 and also finished in 1st place in a P5 conference.

OSU's one loss was by 12, at home, against a last place team.

TCU should be in the playoffs.

Next year is OSU's year.

Sparty over Baylor my Bucks give Bama a game. I think Coach Meyer is building something great in Columbus I have thought all along that OSU is a year away but I cant root against my team. This hate and disrespect feels great I love it! It reminds me of 2002 agsinst a Miami team that hadnt lost in 2 years and the 2010 Rose Bowl against Oregon.

Awesome. I've had this beer before (same batch). What'd you think? Which batch is that from?

Edit: Cheers. (Dar voice)

B2 same as yours. First time for me w this one. Love it. Lightest (in all respects) JK beer I've had. Very crushable.

I remember mike & mike and then colin cowherd stating that Ohio St's outdated offense will get run off the field by a modern Oregon offense. I had to laugh because we had Terrell Pryor and were running a spread option offense. Why let the facts get in the way of rhettoric though? Of course we kicked their asses and not a single "i was wrong" was heard across espn. Lol

Sparty over Baylor my Bucks give Bama a game. I think Coach Meyer is building something great in Columbus I have thought all along that OSU is a year away but I cant root against my team. This hate and disrespect feels great I love it! It reminds me of 2002 agsinst a Miami team that hadnt lost in 2 years and the 2010 Rose Bowl against Oregon.

No hate here. I will be rooting for OSU tomorrow. I just don't believe they'll win. There's a difference.

And it isn't OSU offense that should be criticized. Their D flat out sucks.

The defense was significantly better this year than last, at least statistically. The run defense against Wisconsin was awesome I was stunned. Everybody knows Wisconsin is going to run the ball but nobody stops them from doing so.

Back