What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home brews, warm. fridge broke down, no ice,& noob friggin' neighbor just cut down my tree on my side of the line just because the leaves on top were gone. Trunk was solid as a rock. they did not have my permission to cut a boundary tree. Bad enough all the trash talking, laughing, cursing me for a lier with my cane....I wish I could just go back to Corley...:(

This bottle leaked when I was waxing in Sunday so I threw it into the fridge. Has a light tartness to it that I am liking - as long as it isn't full blown infected.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408486864.360201.jpg

*edit* - it has kiwi floaters! :D

Starting my bday off with HB Funky Fresh Belgian Honey Orange

Cheers and beers, Fuzz-man! I'll hoist a Hi-Nelson Hibiscus in your honor tonight! Right now, it's a throw-together egg noodles and ground beef stroganoff-ish kind of thing and Diet Coke for dinner.

Drinking more water while I eat today's catch.

* Face is blurred out intentionally. I like my privacy but the fish doesn't mind.

1408488644164.jpg

That's one of my favorite IPAs. To me it always tastes peachy

I am getting peach now. Not sure if it is because you said it or because I can really get a drink with the head dying down. It was citrus, now a bit sweet for me but still very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Every time you post a pic I can't help but admire the dogs piss post in the back yard. I have got to get Molly one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Haha. Yeah I need to teach my Maggie to hike a leg on it. Although she does pop a squat about 2' from it all the time

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408489949.981564.jpg
Not their best but still a good beer

"If you've made something that doesn't offend anybody, you've made Budweiser"
-Augie Carton-

I was expecting a picture of Warsteiner before the picture loaded.

I've actually never had Foster's, but an Aussie friend of mine said no one drinks it back home.

There's a reason for that I really only buy it when I'm broke. I won't lie though I do like to visit old friends from time to time for nostalgia

"If you've made something that doesn't offend anybody, you've made Budweiser"
-Augie Carton-

Happy birthday, Fuzzymitten.

Drinking water. Guys who brew IPA with a good "grapefruity" pop to it, what do you think of this:

10 lbs. - 2-Row (1.8L)
3 lbs. - American Pale (3.5L)
0.5 lbs. - Caramel (40L)

1.0 oz Centennial @ 45 min.
1.5 oz Centennial @ 30 min
3.5 oz Centennial dry hop for 5-7 days

IBU roughly 66
ABV roughly 7.0% (OG 1.065)

5 gallon batch (5.5 gallons into the fermenter)

EDIT: yeast taken from a Bell's Pale or Amber.

Check out this recipe of mine:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/jeffs-big-36-ipa-486027/

I use denny's favorite as it gives a good mouthfeel while giving good hop/malt flavors.. My hop bill nets very citrusy-grapefuity flavor.
I haven't done any water modification when brewing this so I've fallen short of my target OG by 7-8 points, but still eek out 8% abv. Next time I'm sure it'll be 9%+

Went to try my newest saison, nothing changed tap,nothing, bless.
It's only been on the gas since Saturday, I can look at it tomorrow, don't feel like messing with it tonight.
Liking this,

IMG_4279.jpg

Check out this recipe of mine:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/jeffs-big-36-ipa-486027/

I use denny's favorite as it gives a good mouthfeel while giving good hop/malt flavors.. My hop bill nets very citrusy-grapefuity flavor.
I haven't done any water modification when brewing this so I've fallen short of my target OG by 7-8 points, but still eek out 8% abv. Next time I'm sure it'll be 9%+

I might give it a shot. I'm torn between doing a DIPA or a Two Hearted "clone".

EDIT: you put a pound of straight up sugar in there? It doesn't taste like gasoline?

Doing some Old Ale studying. Olde Suffolk and Old Engine Oil. The former was a great example. I don't know how the latter made the list (and no classic scoresheet on the BJCP site to compare to). Any BJCP folks out there have an explanation how Old Engine Oil is an Old Ale, and not a Porter, where it seems to fit much better?

20140819_195338.jpg

20140819_202145.jpg

Back