What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saison i made wasn't an exact clone, just a 100% brett saison. And bad news on that beer. I used an old fermentor that i wanst sure about but soaked it in bleach, pbw, starsan and it still got infected. I had to dump it last weekend :(

It probably wasn't your fermenter if you soaked it like you're saying

Third pour.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400724852.276804.jpg

Plastic bucket. I got it used from a buddy but i didnt start getting the off flavors till six or seven beers after i got it.

Sounds like now you have a dedicated Brett fermenter!

I have one of those, with BRETT written in big letters on it in permanent marker.

EDIT:

Ah, I totally misunderstood. You mean the fermenter was producing other, non-brett flavors. Well, that sucks but it certainly happens with buckets after a while. I just dumped two buckets the other day after getting a nice butyric acid aroma developed in them. That was from the sour mash, not the buckets, but now they are useless for fermenting just the same.

I have one of those, with BRETT written in big letters on it in permanent marker.

It infected a 100% brett beer after many cleaning soaks and scrubs, past drinkability.

And BTW, brett is a yeast so you dont have to designate fermentors. If you clean properly it wont infect future batches.

Toss it out; what's a plastic bucket cost? $5?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

What's in this?

That 3x Mango you sent me was absolutely delicious.

A light citrus profile - cascade would be my guess on the late addition hops. But this is a session IPA (4.9%) - doesn't hold a candle to the triple mango (still hoping they make that one a seasonal...)

Water before bed - I'm up way past my bedtime!

After tilling the garden up (by hand) planting our tomatoes, finishing up the rabbit fence around it, washing three different yeast I had a hopulence with dinner and now enjoying this awesome can of hoppyness
View attachment 200852View attachment 200853

I have quite a bit of my garden planted, but no fencing. Didn't seem to be a problem last year. Hawks in the area seem to have lowered the rabbit population. But I planted two Swiss Chard this past week...first time trying it...and the stalk/stems are getting chewed through. Not eating the leaves, though...just leaving them. Could be squirrels...I've seen a couple of small holes dug out that didn't affect anything. I'm either going to have to let the Swiss Chard go or buy some chicken wire.

Drinking an hb pale ale to lighten things up and take a shot at getting to sleep early.

Attachments

• May14th.jpg
    May14th.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 81
It infected a 100% brett beer after many cleaning soaks and scrubs, past drinkability.

And BTW, brett is a yeast so you dont have to designate fermentors. If you clean properly it wont infect future batches.

What kind of flavors?

Just starting to brew some bucha, my old standard iced tea doesn't stand a chance anymore, never ending cycle!

I'm going to have to throw some hops in a batch, I wonder dryhop or steep?

I'm guessing that one was a hop tea. Not a huge hop aroma, but the flavor worked nicely.

I was under the impression that Brett was good at defending itself, making it tough to clean and just as hard to get rid of as bacterial contaminants. Maybe I'm overly paranoid, but my regular equipment doesn't touch my Brett beers. They use the sour gear like the rest of my sour brews.

I was under the impression that Brett was good at defending itself, making it tough to clean and just as hard to get rid of as bacterial contaminants. Maybe I'm overly paranoid, but my regular equipment doesn't touch my Brett beers. They use the sour gear like the rest of my sour brews.

I'm the same and keep separate equipment, but it isnt necessary if you clean properly. Themadfermentationist uses any of his fermentors, plastic or glass, with bretts and non bretts and never has a problem.

Haha yes it is, I looked on the back earlier and I was like wtf.. Arkansas whiskey but yet imported from Texas?! Lol

Okay this is getting weird, today I bought this Arkansas whiskey and the corona for my wife, I personally do not like that beer it's nasty lol. But yeah I'll go look where it's made real quick

Okay it says imported and bottled from Mexico and under that line it says imported from Chicago.. Hmmm

Finishing an hb pale ale while I throw together a little "Ginger-Mint Bug" for making soda...looked like an interesting ingredient!

DSC04782.jpg

Experimental IPA bittered with warrior and using hallertau blanc and hull melon as late additions. Amazing honeydew melon/apricot aroma. First pull from the keg has some hop "flavor crystals"
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400732074.825185.jpg

It's no KBS but I grabbed a bomber of Port Brewing Mongo IPA. Pretty tasty. Not as fresh as I would like but still amazing.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400738616.837042.jpg

Real Ale 4-squared after a nice long late night walk with the husky (she isn't a fan of our warmer spring days). Bford sent it up from Texas in an eMAW.

1400738627398.jpg

Back