What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pineapple coconut rice wine. Man I love this stuff with some age on it!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399081940.329991.jpg

Well, after several brews at Fortnight Brewery, where it was a toss-up between another brewery's Bombshell IPA and Fortnight's ESB, I return home with some beers from the HBS to try. I was excited to buy my first can of Ten Fidy from Oskar Blues for more than anyone should pay for a single can of beer and...I'm kind of disappointed. Is it supposed to be really sweet? Either I got a bad can or IMO, it ain't what it's cracked up to be. Very sweet and malty...no character, no bitter, no hops...I was barely able to finish it by pairing it with some slightly burned popcorn...which actually helped it.

DSC04625.jpg

That's fine, and perfectly appropriate when judging at a comp but these guys behaving like this at a bar/ brew pub/ tasting room or festival are lucky not to get ***** slapped

Agreed 100%. It's *****ebaggish.

Water... lots of things I need to try but I cant shake this fever. .. I hope I get over this shizz I have a lot to brew this weekend

that Whole Hog kinda surprised me as well. I thought it was gonna be a spice bomb.

Yeah. As SWMBO
said... That was the most like pumpkin pie in a glad that she had ever had.

No arguments here. If anyone sees me doing crap like that IRL please, ***** slap me. Although again I admit I really love to sniff my beer when I drink it. They just smell so good!

I had to sniff my glass after that comment. Killing the Grainstorm. Love a good rye beer. Given that I am in the doghouse with the SWMBO now for requesting she clean up her mess.... Bitter beer (two hearted) or bourbon?

Another strawberry blonde. It's Friday after all. Not feeling like being in a car all day tomorrow to help SWMBO's brother pick up a wood burning stove 3.5 hrs away (each way). Think I'm bringing a flask with me tomorrow.

Breaking in the new can glass. Spent 15 minutes trying to track down the stupid little foot on the keg lid. Found it hiding under the car.

1399089736926.jpg

Attachments

• 1399090713282.jpg
    1399090713282.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 1399090713979.jpg
    1399090713979.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 80
Back