What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Saccharomyces' Belgian Pale Ale...this just keeps getting better, and is quickly disappearing :drunk:

This definitely goes on the rebrew short list!!! One of my favorite homebrews, thank you Saccharomyces :mug:

New Deschutes Hop Henge

image-4133230427.jpg

Decent... Picked it up on a whim... will pass from here on out. Just got their Hop In the Dark.... now that is a work of beauty!! :mug:

I felt the same.. I'm generally a fan of Deschutes, but wasn't all that impressed with that one.

Drinking a Pliny at the moment..

Don't forget Jay, 9/11 didn't only happen in NY. There were also people killed in PA, and DC. And I don't get the part where you say you want to "remember" the hijackers that were killed. Did you mean to say "celebrate the fact that there's 19 less pieces of $hit to kill more Americans"? Next year, when you brew this beer, I'll give you a better number for your hop bill...17 ounces. It's the number of union electricians that died that never get remembered in the speaches and tearjerker interviews that peope only mention the firefighters and police.

It's a noble cause you took up to make the beer. You may be the only person whose brewed a 9/11 beer. I like the fact that you did it, and I'd love to have one when it's tapped. But your delivery here is very disrespectful to everyone who died, and everyone who watched it happen live, in person, in NYC, DC, or PA. You could have left out the part that it was such a pain in the a$$ to brew and coddle, and the part about "remembering" the terrorists will surely leave a bad taste in the mouth of ANYBODY you say that to.

That said, I did watch it first hand, in person. Not on TV, but from 5th avenue, in NYC. A classmate of mine, who was unlucky enough to get a job ticket that said "WTC" died that day, and another escaped with his life. Maybe I"m being a little sensitive here, but a lot of people have said "It was ten years ago, let's get over it". There are things people will never get over, and this should be one of them.

Oh Brother I mean no disrespect! I brewed this beer it TOTAL respect. Maybe saying it was a PITA could have come off that way. It was in no way the intention! Cheers. I have the recipe @ my store. In the next few days I will post a few tid bits about this beer and how it came to be. 9/11 is one of those days that we as a nation need to remember and need to understand the real reason it happened and the real reason it was able to happen. Remembering the 19 scum that caused this to happen is in no way honoring them. But they were the reason it happened and with out that you only have an empty reason and much bitterness without cause. IMHO.... I did Honor the 17 electrictions (I am an electriction myself) in my recipe along with the 184 people that died at the Pentagon.
More to come

jvcjbl said:
Decent... Picked it up on a whim... will pass from here on out. Just got their Hop In the Dark.... now that is a work of beauty!! :mug:

Desperately need to get my hands on hop in the dark again... What state are you finding it in?

Founders Double, DogFish Aprihop, Stone Ruination, Harpoon IPA, Sierra Nevada torpedo IPA, Pumking, Founders Red Rye Pale Ale, S.N. Pale Ale, My Imperial IPA, Three tier Gemini, Three Tier IPA....And yes I am still going...weyerbacher simcoe ipa....

The tail end left in the primaries of the ten gallons of Ed Worts' Apfelwein I just transferred to the bright tanks. Also sampling my Irish Red before cold crashing. Both are tasty if I do say so myself.

I'm headed this evening to listen to my neighbors band practice, his band mate has 13 taps of HB in his basement studio that I will be consuming this evening. I also have 5 bottles of Pliny chilling that I will be savoring over the days to come, thanks to a member of HBT! Beer Nirvana one might say...

Cheers..

Hopefully a sniffer or two of my newly kegged dogfish 60 min... doubt it as I ran out of CO2 last night and am going to head to get it refilled. No way it will be drinkable tonight as far as carbonation goes.

solid pale ale, with good amount of bitterness, with citrus and spice flavors
dscn2993r.jpg

outstanding, lots of grapefruit and orange flavor
dscn2994y.jpg

it really is world class. it is 11.2%, yet it is one of the smoothest drinking beers I have ever had, best smelling beers I have ever had, and just overall insane. Chocolate coffee, bourbon, vanilla, and wood flavor and aroma. i am glad I have more left including a 2010 bottle, this was a 2011. I wonder what a year of aging does to it(may do a vertical)
dscn2997y.jpg

My session belgian blonde. This batch I doubled the bittering addition to give it a bit more interest. Nice change.

With all due respect, go F@%$ yourself :D

Tasted once in CO, hop heaven in a glass, sooooooooo glad I got accepted to a Rocky Mt High grad school!!!

Beervana here I come :tank:

Whoa.. missed that one.. I turned off my laptop as I transcended into hoptopia. :ban:

Drank some Torpedo earlier, got more Pliny in the fridge - I may have to endulge in yet another this evening :mug:

WTF... hoppy, malty, yummy goodness!!! Beautiful lacing, reddish brown color, nose is stopped up so ask someone else :D

Lagunitas outdid themselves again and for a good cause...Prosit :mug:

The fiance is making me sit through her favorite show called Vampire Diaries, Jameson-tonic water-splash of ginger ale, is getting me through it!

Sampled my pilsner, finished too sweet :(

Next I'll check on how my bourbon stout is doing! Can't get too :drunk: since we're not even an hour into 4 hours if F1

*shudder*

08.08.08 Vertical Epic :mug:

I don't care what people say, this is a damn tasty brew!

Hey they are "illegal/banned" so I had to see what the hype is about. My buddy owns a liquor store and still sells them "behind scenes" I have some fantastic beer on lineup for tonight. Just starting to brew as well right now

Just got back from the brick store pub for the first time. I had a Rodenbach 2008 Vintage on tap and it was awesome.

f111df1a.jpg

Forgettable at best.... glad I tried it, but don't recommend. SWMBO picked it... she was paying (for a single beer) and I wasn't going to say no.

That's Darth Vader dark right there! Bourbon was getting a little overpowering at 2 weeks, so I pulled the oak cubes put and will now let it sit for a few months so all of the flavors can mellow and blend.

image-3326125579.jpg

Damn, that glass is getting some mileage tonight!

I just got it!! SWMBO got this one for me tonight, and herself an Abita Purple Haze... "it's so pretty it is purple".... "great you get that purple gayness, and I get my Hoegarrden".... "deal".... HAHAHA

jvcjbl said:
I just got it!! SWMBO got this one for me tonight, and herself an Abita Purple Haze... "it's so pretty it is purple".... "great you get that purple gayness, and I get my Hoegarrden".... "deal".... HAHAHA

Haha, I figured either it was new or you had like 20 of them.

Yeah, wasn't that great, kind of a let down. I'll have to keep an eye out for the Hop In the Dark.

Taking down some Oskar Bues Gubna at the moment. Talk about a BIG ASS BEER in a can!:mug:

Haha, I figured either it was new or you had like 20 of them.

Our cupboards are literally full of 50+ pint glasses. The rule is, "if you want a new glass, I get to pick two to replace it with". That is fair, as I got 90% of them for $.10 a piece at a thrift store. She picked three Fat Tire glasses to donate. If someone didn't know, I was living by myself when I got them, you'd think we were alcoholics.... HAHAH :tank:

SWMBO is trying to FaceTime her cousin at a bar otherwise I'd "insert here" a pic of Lagunita's Lucky 13

Back