What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to a beer tasting at the local LHBS on Saturday. Will also get some grains ground for either an APA or IPA that I want to brew. The two recipes I have (Da Yooper's Pale ale and the Two Hearted ale clone) are both awesome so I am deciding which one gets made this weekend. Any votes by you guys??

Hopefully designing headlight brackets and windscreen mask for my bike. In reality probly sitting in the garage drinking beer. Not sure if it's the same thing.

Probly trying to clean up the garage a bit as well, going to be making small changes in there to store brewing stuff and bottles. Need more shelves and possibly a cabinet.

Hopefully designing headlight brackets and windscreen mask for my bike. In reality probly sitting in the garage drinking beer. Not sure if it's the same thing.

Probly trying to clean up the garage a bit as well, going to be making small changes in there to store brewing stuff and bottles. Need more shelves and possibly a cabinet.

I just picked up a truck load of cabinets. And all i could think of is how muck stuff i can put in them.

This coming weekend instead of brewing I am:

Saturday:
- Repairing 2 plugs on the e-brew panel
- Servicing Pump heads
- Relocating 2 kegerators to the other side of the brew shed and moving the fermenting chamber up by the brew table
- Setting up the 15.5 Keg Fermenter
- Replacing silicone tubing
- Kegging 10 gallons of my house Octoberfest
- Lengthening the return tube in the HLT (to keep the tube UNDER the water line at all times).

Sunday:
- Rifle/Shotgun team practice with my son (he is on the high school shooting team)
:mug:

High school wrestling post season! Dual playoff starts Saturday for my brother's squad. Injuries have hit the team hard but still very capable of finishing in the top 3.

And afterwards?? Beer! Hopefully the victorious kind.

Daughter's birthday party on Saturday and then hosting our annual Super Bowl party on Sunday. Planning on kegging my wife's Tweason'ale Clone Friday night after work and driving 6 hours to get home. This way it should be forced carb'ed in time for the game on Sunday. Now that's dedication! ;) haha

Wife's got three night shifts in a row so playing babysitter with my boys the whole weekend, one 3yr and one 1yr. Going to visit my moms with them and going through my old childhood playground (5 car garage :D) to source for material for my home brewery, should have some offcuts of plywood for shelves there and hoping to also find the old full metal capping device my mom used to have. Then when the boys go to bed it's label soaking and bottle washing night for next weekend's bottling. Gotta de-label and sanitize two cases of bottles, yuck. Hoping to make it in time to my LHBS today to buy a bottle washing device that screws straight onto the laundry room faucet.

I received some brewing equipment (toys) some for my Kezzer, extra tap, gas manifold..... and some for brewing, Catalyst fermentation system, silver serpent chiller, I also picked up a wine kit, I want to give it a try at least once. If all goes well, I will get in a brew day also.

We got invited to join some other rockhounds touring(and collecting) a talc mine outside of El Paso TX, this is gonna be a blast. My big feremnter is already full anyway so I have to wait another week to brew again.

Probably cleaning out the last load of crap from my old house that my POS tenants left behind.Get things ready for the door and paint contractors to come out on Tuesday.Should pretty much fill up the 55 gallon trash tote..Word to the wise - NEVER RENT TO SO CALLED "FRIENDS"!! I will be so glad once I sell this property!..

Total Fire Ban for us tomorrow due to the fact it's going to be 40°-some C. That means no propane burner for brewing.

Bottle cleaning on Saturday and possibly bottling the Altbier I've had sitting around for a bit now. Hopefully, I can brew Sunday when it's a bit cooler.

Pipeline is very full and my equipment is in need of some TLC, so I think I'll fill up the kettle with some DIY PBW and let it circulate through the pump and plate chiller for a while with the stainless hop basket in there, then use some elbow grease to scrub off any remaining beer stone buildup.

Then It's supposed to be in the mid to upper 50s all weekend and into the week, so I think I'll turn the water on and hand-wash the salt and other assorted gunk off the cars. Normally I don't get to do that until March or April.

Moving from Fort Worth to Boulder. Accepted a position as Controller for a Medical Marijuana startup company. Changing club affiliation from the Cap and Hare to the Hop Barley and the Alers. Looking forward to meeting new brewers and expanding my brewing skills.

It's going to pour rain this weekend. I got a brew in Wednesday evening after work, though, an Irish Red. Pipeline's full, so I'm quite happy for the time being.

I might take stock in my brew room and order a few odds and ends online.

Back