What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting ready for the Gingerman LeMons race...next weekend we race this for 14 hours and hope it holds together.

11138671_864563750281697_6311261146578602833_n.jpg

Remodeled one side of the kitchen. The other half is still a work in progress.

Cabinets mounted, electrical cables waiting to be connected to outlets.

11155125_10153414172912697_2347948185283286213_o.jpg

And this photo was taken about 8 hours later. We had a 2.4 meter long countertop sitting in the garage so we went to Ikea and bought 4 adjustable legs for it. Cut it to be 2.15 meters long and made a table out of it! Raised it up high now to store the cabinets underneath of it that will eventually go to the other half of the kitchen. Then we can lower the countertop and be able to open the window. SWMBO really put this half of the kitchen into order in a hurry!

11084088_10153415254752697_8816435199857890155_o.jpg

Is your theme a dust buster? Awesome

Yep...and it is a working dust buster with a shop vac hooked up to an inverter, hose routed to the front and switch on the top of the handle. Sucks about as a well as an original Dust Buster too...We know because we have a 9330 model in the box with both the warranty AND rebate card for bribe.

Lumina Van. Bold choice.

Aww damn that's a Trans Sport. Bold and obsolete. CHARGE!

I think you mean "Orphaned" as they were all obsolete when they rolled off the factory floor.

We gutted a Lumina APV for our spares (complete subframe, computers, suspension) and to make an AWESOME paddock sectional couch from the burgundy velvet rear seats, center console (with working radio) and overhead console (with working maps lights). Somehow, someone kept one of these running to 198K miles. I guess the Buick 3800 really is durable.

Just to complete the 1980's theme (even though it is a 1995 model) we have re-purposed an ancient full-sized VHS camcorder for our go-pro video and have a console TV and VHS player in the paddock to watch our amazingly low-res footage.

Our Saturn race car had actually started to get competitive which made us want to "compete". It took all the fun out of it so now we will only be competing for the Index of Effluence and maybe at a later date Class C win.

I think you mean "Orphaned" as they were all obsolete when they rolled off the factory floor.

We gutted a Lumina APV for our spares (complete subframe, computers, suspension) and to make an AWESOME paddock sectional couch from the burgundy velvet rear seats, center console (with working radio) and overhead console (with working maps lights). Somehow, someone kept one of these running to 198K miles. I guess the Buick 3800 really is durable.

Just to complete the 1980's theme (even though it is a 1995 model) we have re-purposed an ancient full-sized VHS camcorder for our go-pro video and have a console TV and VHS player in the paddock to watch our amazingly low-res footage.

Our Saturn race car had actually started to get competitive which made us want to "compete". It took all the fun out of it so now we will only be competing for the Index of Effluence and maybe at a later date Class C win.

I am jealous. A friend and myself had a donor car we had torn apart to do LeMons with, and were given pretty much all of the parts needed to have it running. We never got around to getting a roll cage installed and then his wife made him get rid of the car. Sad.

That is a great theme though. My mom had the Oldsmobile version of that astro-van. My brother loaned it out to a friend one night and they rolled it. That van was still running as they drove it onto the wrecker. Those things are beasts for being made of plastic.

Over the weekend I took and passed an exam to become a Michigan state approved mushroom expert. Now licensed and able to legally sell to the public 20 different species of wild mushroooms.

And this weekend I did everything I said I would and then some.

Visited my parents and helped work on the hop trellis. This thing is huge and needs at least one more weekend to finish up (and it looks like as of yesterday some of the bines were just starting to break ground) so that we can get the lines strung.
Fired off a couple hundred rounds at water bottles and that shelving unit. Got to fire an AR pistol.
Grilled out and drank copious amounts of cheap beer because it was what was there.
Then on Sunday recovered from the hangover and attempted a hike. The top of the mountain trail was closed so had to do the lowlands version through puddles, only got 2.5 miles in. Then upon getting back to the car, got less than 1/4 mile away when something electronic burnt up and the car died(not mine thankfully). Had to wait an hour and a half to get my brother with a trailer to show up to get it loaded up and towed back.
Finished up the day by visiting a brewery and trying several of their beers, they were a little lackluster and I was not super impressed.
Rode the motorcycle home a bit later and just beat the rain.

All in all a successful weekend. Would have preferred to get more of a hike in though.

I am jealous. A friend and myself had a donor car we had torn apart to do LeMons with, and were given pretty much all of the parts needed to have it running. We never got around to getting a roll cage installed and then his wife made him get rid of the car. Sad.

That is a great theme though. My mom had the Oldsmobile version of that astro-van. My brother loaned it out to a friend one night and they rolled it. That van was still running as they drove it onto the wrecker. Those things are beasts for being made of plastic.

PM me if want to be a part of the team for the July true 24-hours race in Joliet, IL. We will need extra drivers because it is a 24-hour straight through the night race. We have at least one slot still open and I suspect we will have two by the time early June rolls up.

Taking the wife to Wilmington, NC for our anniversary (#8). We have been to Myrtle Beach, Charleston and Savannah. We have never been to the coast in NC before, though. Any good breweries to visit?

I grilled out and drank beer all day on Friday. Then Saturday, went out to a brewery for lunch, napped in the afternoon, then drank more beer that night. Sunday, I had less than 0% ambition. I ended up doing just about nothing all day. Of course, I had to have beers in the afternoon and hung out with my neighbor. Then did laundry...

Back at it tonight with some kegs to clean, beer lines to clean, and beers to keg up. I would also say my weekend was successful. Ten hours of drinking on Friday and managed to not ever get drunk. That's an art.

I'm on call this weekend so I'll be at the office from 6AM until around 8. After I close the office tomorrow I'm taking some people crystal hunting in the morning, then some of my employees and I are getting together to make sausage for a cookout Saturday evening. Sunday will be another yardwork day, but I may make a brett starter for a saison to brew the following weekend.

Hitting up breweries in South Lake Tahoe! State-line is OK, The Brewery was better but Cold Creek Brewing has been the best.

Just got the news my blood test for Lyme disease was positive, was going to stay home and mope.....But F**k that, its my birthday on Saturday, going to Lost Rhino Brewing in Ashburn VA , drink beer, eat and hear the awesome blues/funk sounds of Bushmaster Gary Brown:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWI0UlLyPgo[/ame]

My boss is getting hitched so I'm takin my camper so I don't have to find a dd and won't feel like brewing tomorrow... I need to get a milk stout brewd.. my nitro keg is about empty... also planning a 10 gallon ag wheat soon

Judging at Sicialano's homebrew competition in Grand Rapids Michigan. Small competition with 250 entries. Interestingly, they limit brewers to one entry.

Remodeling the other half of the kitchen.

We had used a hammer drill with a chisel bit to remove the old plaster from a section of wall where tiles used to be. It is about 1 meter square and 2-3 centimeters deep.

11164654_10153429656797697_5829505021034870079_o.jpg

I estimated one 20kg sack of plaster to do the job, but we could have used a little more. The wall is not entirely straight, but doesn't matter since it will be behind cabinets and mounted wall plates.

And since my hand is still recovering from a major fracture, SWMBO mixed the entire sack into mud BY HAND (we don't have a mortar mixer drill attachment). And she then proceeded to do the entire wall by herself, as well as leaving a handprint and signature!

11149679_10153430680987697_415904264736296502_o.jpg

Did some mundane brewing chores like cleaning and kegging today.... tomorrow, digging and making horseradish. Down to my last jar, and need to restock.

Did some mundane brewing chores like cleaning and kegging today.... tomorrow, digging and making horseradish. Down to my last jar, and need to restock.

Mmmm, homemade horseradish! My grandma used to make her own and it was absolutely amazing.

Lots of yard work for me this weekend; weeding, trimming, cleaning beds, etc.

Judging at Sicialano's homebrew competition in Grand Rapids Michigan. Small competition with 250 entries. Interestingly, they limit brewers to one entry.

I think that's a great idea. Makes it impossible for a person with an unlimited amount of resources to come and try to dominate every category being judged.

Seeing if we can find a brewery* to buy.

*I guess I'll have to call it a "house with a basement to brew in" to keep my wife and the mortgage company happy

Offer agreed - so this weekend will mean dealing with the next phase of the process. Inspection isn't until Monday, so maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to fit a brew in.

Also, I have to buy a car, as the house is 20 miles from work, rather than the 4 mile bike ride it is now.

Offer agreed - so this weekend will mean dealing with the next phase of the process. Inspection isn't until Monday, so maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to fit a brew in.

Also, I have to buy a car, as the house is 20 miles from work, rather than the 4 mile bike ride it is now.

Man, seriously, why would you do that?

I brew almost every weekend, so I can't add much to this thread... yay me!

Going to a progressive rock festival with my dad Friday-Sunday... If no work comes in, I may brew tomorrow.

Back