What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really freaking cold here in Dallas today, it's a good day just to stay inside. So I'm binge-watching the new House of Cards.

Going to try to finish my new Keezer build this weekend.

9 cu.ft. Starting with three faucets with room to spare for conditioning and / or cold crashing.

Also going to see if my mini-fridge will work for lagering chamber.

:mug:

Just racked a Wee Heavy that's been in primary 3 weeks onto 2 oz of oak chips that have been soaking in whiskey for just as long.

And tomorrow it's time to brew a Black Rye IPA. I got the starter rolling last night.

electrical renovations. soon to have a 3-phase outlet in my garage for my electric brewing system.

Thinking about brewing. I was going to brew today but had not decided on a recipe. Finally decided on Denny Conn's rye IPA but now I have to go clear snow so I'll have to brew one night this week.

im deployed. using my free time to design my brewery so when i get back i can build it myself!

it gives me something to stay focused on. I appreciate all the help this place offers!

im deployed. using my free time to design my brewery so when i get back i can build it myself!

it gives me something to stay focused on. I appreciate all the help this place offers!

Did the same the last time I was deployed. Plotted, schemed and even ordered some parts. When I got back I actually poured all my time and money into my LeMon's race team but still did a few extract brews here and there.

Making chips - BBQ potato, sweet potato, and tortilla.

We make a BUNCH at a time and put them up in quart mason jars, then vacuum-seal. They stay good for - well, not sure how long, we've eaten all the previous batch!

Waiting in line for some Rhinegeist Saber Tooth Tiger DIPA tomorrow. Cincinnati Bockfest for Sunday Funday.

Very likely hangover Monday.

Golfing, mowing the grass... cleaning the yard.... trimming the hedges

Oh... sorry to all of the folks in the NE... I realize you're stuck in the house, or outside shoveling snow.

It was cool here today... BRRRRRR.... !!!!!!! I had to wear a long sleeve shirt.

Today? Tax filing.
Tonite? Heavy drinking.
Tomorrow? Ice Racing in a 30 year old BMW fiver.

I should be back to about as close to sane as I get around Tuesday...

Cheers! :drunk:

Sitting in the hospital with SWMBO and healthy newborn daughter who was born Friday. And wasting downtime on HBT.

Congratulations!

Golfing, mowing the grass... cleaning the yard.... trimming the hedges

Oh... sorry to all of the folks in the NE... I realize you're stuck in the house, or outside shoveling snow.

It was cool here today... BRRRRRR.... !!!!!!! I had to wear a long sleeve shirt.

:rolleyes come talk to us in august when we can take 5 steps outside without needing to shower again.

This weekend I'm cleaning the apartment in preparation for moving, bottling my milk stout, and spending time with my son before going on a 4 day business trip

Reggie congrats on the new baby.

We're taking the wife's new car for a drive over to Bend Ore. To visit some of the local pubs......

Just scooped 4 months of frozen-thawed dog sh*t from the backyard. Ah... the first signs of Spring.

Making final decisions on things for new house. Moving in within next two weeks. No brewing until i get moved in. Did brew 20 gallons about two weeks ago in anticipation of the move so i would be stocked up when we get moved.

I was the last to catch the bug going around. So I'm laying on the couch. At least the final four is on.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

open the windows, turn on the music and see how much stuff I can possibly throw away in one weekend.

I MAY have gotten a gallon of "ginger pear apple cider" and tossed a cup and a half of sugar and some 71B-1122 in there to see what I'd end up with.

Kegging a BCS American Wheat Ale, but more importantly: Finishing up the kegerator refurb.

Interior all cleaned up. Doors seals replaced. Evaporator de-funked. Evaporator pan patched and reinstalled. Two new gas lines run thru to the outside. Two gas manifolds installed - one 8-way and one 2-way for different pressures. Gas line hangers fabricated and installed. And finally, my machine shop guy will be coming over to help me install the custom 7-tap black pipe tower he worked on for me.

Should be able to power-up and draw this afternoon. I've got 7 kegs that have been carbonating and conditioning in other fridges ready to go right now so the timing is right!

Back