What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday: the annual Marshmallow Fluff Festival (it's in my hood).
Sunday: Having a bunch of people over to can 200 lbs of Roma Tomatoes (an annual event we host).

Kind of the opposite ends of the food spectrum, I guess.

BrewLocal365 said:
Saturday: the annual Marshmallow Fluff Festival (it's in my hood).
Sunday: Having a bunch of people over to can 200 lbs of Roma Tomatoes (an annual event we host).

Kind of the opposite ends of the food spectrum, I guess.

Tomato and fluff sandwiches!

Saturday night we're finally doing our Stone Vertical Epic/rare beer tasting at our house. There are some fine beers being sampled.
Sunday is football! Go Broncos. I love the Redzone Channel.

SWMBO and I are attending a friends wedding... there will be drinking!

Either pitching a cost management plan on $54 M project or drinking heavily because the project got cancelled (actual sent back for re-planning) because I poked all kinds of holes in it yesterday during an interactive planning session.

I have a feeling I will drinking with the Project Manager...and I will be buying.

Might get to work on the race car too!

I'm stuck in the field playing with big guns. USMC artillery! Rather be scrubbing bottles or drinking trub than being out here

Going on an 8 mile hike on Catoctin Mountain, then hitting up Brewer's Alley in Frederick for lunch afterwards.

Finally found a used chest freezer and a way to pick it up. Building my fermentation chamber... Woot!

Racing RC cars at Warehouse3. 2nd place in Pro Lite Friday night. 1st place in Pro2 and 2nd place in Mod Stadium truck on Saturday night. Oh, and my son took 1st on Friday night and 2nd Saturday night in novice!!!! Very good weekend of RC racing at Warehouse3 in Peoria!

We had our rare beer tasting last night. Thought I'd post a picture of some of the beers. We did all of the vertical epic beers from stone, utopias, st bernardus, Pliny the Elder, sucaba from Firestone walker, black butte porter XXV, hair of the dog adam. Utopias stole the show as it should for $280 a bottle. Best beer night of my life.

ForumRunner_20130929_103347.jpg

Finally found a used chest freezer and a way to pick it up. Building my fermentation chamber... Woot!

Nice!

I went with some friends and did the 50 mile course at the Big Dam Bridge 100 bicycle ride in Little Rock, AR. It was a great ride and will be on my 2014 calendar.

Shred said:
Off to watch fat people gorge themselves on deep-fried-whatever (butter?) at the Big-E. Hopefully the lady friend lets me escape to the beer garden long enough to dull the pain.

Shred said:
Change of plans. Stared at brake lights for 2 hours then turned around and went to a local brewery. I hate the Big-E with such a passion.

Another Big E hater here. Watching the local news stations, you'd think nothing else happens in the world for two weeks every September.

Nice!

I went with some friends and did the 50 mile course at the Big Dam Bridge 100 bicycle ride in Little Rock, AR. It was a great ride and will be on my 2014 calendar.

The freezer was even bigger than I expected. 15.5 cubic feet for $60. It'll easily hold 4 fermenters at once!

I'm going to Disney World for the Food & Wine Festival!

Drinkin beer,checkin out the latest copy of Great Lakes Brewing News,got the dry hop going a couple days already on my Cougar Country IPA. Got another Italian spigot for my Ale Pail to replace the sticky,stiff barrel tap,& 4oz of American oak chips to soak in bourbon for the PM Tradditional Stout Whiskely Ale re-brew next Saturday.

I was going to brew today, but now I will be shopping for a new propane regulator. I was up early and went to light the burner at 5:30 a.m. Nope, broken regulator.

My daughter wants to dress as Darwin from The Amazing World of Gumball for Halloween. Which means I get to drive to store after store looking for orange pants, an orange shirt, and orange clown makeup for her costume.

I'm hoping to hit the homebrew store after and pick up stuff for bottling an IPA.

Thanksgiving weekend in Canada so lots of food to eat. My family is in town so i'm making chili and bannock outside on a fire. Wife is making salades and all that stuff. Should be a good feed. Plus some homebrews. I'm drinking a few Mad Tom IPA by the fire.

Cheers

Probably top off my pyment with blueberry juice. Hopefully not drink too much beer or buy any as its plentyfull in my house. Cants afford it right now anyway. Watch my wines,melomels,meads sit in fermenters and be awesome to age. Make some good homeade creative food drink fresh rawmillk/kefir,raw coconut milk, raw almond milk. Make awesome tastey thriving healthy food. Exercise and feel good. Drink kombucha. Get stuff done that Ive been procrastinating around the house and feel like a winner when I accomplish them completley.

Heading to the cabin in the North Georgia mountains. Taking a couple cases of home brew with me...

Building a mini Big Top for my creepy carnival themed Halloween party.

Waiting to see if it's the restarted yeast knocking that couple points off my infected IPA. Not too bad atm & tastes ok. Might still be a dumper...idk?...

Power equipment maintenance day. Had to replace a bearing on the tractor and one on the snow blower, straighten the tines on a roto-tiller, sharpen a couple of chains for the saw, fix a flat on a utility trailer, and finally winterize the boat motor and put the boat and its trailer up on blocks for the off season.

Aaaand I'm done...and fried. Thankfully it's Beer Thirty and I'm downing a house Citra IPA for self-medication...

Cheers! ; )

Finished painting the entire upstairs of my house since my tenants have all departed. 1400 sq foot of walls, smoked 12 pounds of pork to feed those who helped me paint, steam cleaned the heck out of the carpeting. I really wanted to brew. I really wish I could have squeezed a brew in somewhere. Anyone have any ideas of a good porter/stout/winter warmer that I can get in a 1/6 or 1/4 keg round here to hold me off until I get the place rented for when I run out of homebrew. I am annoyed with Total Wine for saying that there seems to be no Founders Breakfast Stout this year.

Probably top off my pyment with blueberry juice. Hopefully not drink too much beer or buy any as its plentyfull in my house. Cants afford it right now anyway. Watch my wines,melomels,meads sit in fermenters and be awesome to age. Make some good homeade creative food drink fresh rawmillk/kefir,raw coconut milk, raw almond milk. Make awesome tastey thriving healthy food. Exercise and feel good. Drink kombucha. Get stuff done that Ive been procrastinating around the house and feel like a winner when I accomplish them completley.

+1 Days like that make life great. I wish I could find the motivation perpetually.

Back