What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting this setup

image-2405323684.jpg

That didn't take as long as I thought it would. Going to use some split wire tubing (like used on vehicles, etc.) to keep the output from kinking.

ForumRunner_20130901_203413.jpg

And drinking beer.

That's done... the chicken was a hit. Now, I'm doing some brewing tomorrow dagnabit!

Staring at my fresh purchase of grain for an amber hybrid with galaxy and simcoe in between grimacing at my spasming back! NOT what I had in mind. The valium is helping tho...

I will be hanging off of a tree with bow in hand waiting for Bambi or a member of his family to make a very unfortunate mistake.

My 3 primaries are full. Gonna be gorgeous out. Think I'll finally get to take my inflatable boat with outboard motor out tomorrow!

riding motorcycles to the kane brewery with two buddies saturday and then work/football sunday.
my stout is still bubbling away right now though!

more pickling (green tomatoes & dill pickles), mowing, kegging & bottling, making root beer, and there was something else I can't remember.

Change of plans. Looks like I'm going to the Holyoke Canoe Club Brew Fest :D

Evap cooler hose started leaking again last night. This is two weekends in a row. So I was on the roof this morning fixing it.

Then around lunch time I'm heading down to see if the farmer's market has some fresh peppers for salsa. Yesterday they were slmost out and said " They are picking more today." I think that might be a standard BS line though.

If they do then I'm making and canning salsa tonight. If not, I'm making peach wine tonight.

D&D again on Saturday. I have all the ingredients for my next brew but I'm not sure when I'll get to do it. The lady friend may kill me if I spend 6 hours on an AG Imperial Stout on Sunday after D&D on Saturday (and brew club tomorrow).

Heading up to northern Northern California to visit family in Redding and Sierra Nevada Brewing Company!!!

Getting the old man into some fresh salmon. Got some work done on the brewery as well though, so it's just perfect!

salmonid-albums-2013-chinook-pix-picture16649-dadnook2.jpg

Friday Night is local High School Football. My daughter plays flute in the marching band and I'm on the Band Booters so I get to help. Could be a good year. Team spanked the nearby town and rival, and last week mercied their opponent.

Saturday my work is hauling a bunch of co-workers and some family/friends down to Detroit to watch a Tigers Baseball game.

Sunday I should probably do one of the many things i need to do around the house. Hopefully hops will be harvested and dried. I'll probably have to package them up and put the drying equipment away. Eh, I might still have time to brew...

Have a roomate/tenant moving out and one moving in this weekend. I am in for a fun weekend of cleaning and making sure nothing gets destroyed. Maybe I can sneak a brewday in somewhere.

On the plus side, gueess who inherited a Sega Genesis and 6 games this week?

Moving!
and putting some new valves on my keggles :D

Damn it... I forgot about corporate tax extension deadline. Doing taxes :mad:

On call for vascular surgery...also trying to prep, aerate, and overseed lawn. No brewing or drinking of beer for me!

ballsy said:
On call for vascular surgery...also trying to prep, aerate, and overseed lawn. No brewing or drinking of beer for me!

Oh c'mon I can perform vascular surgery in my sleep. I used to be really good at that Life and Death game/simulator from the late 80s. I couldn't figure out how to suture people up afterwards but I sure could remove an appendix!
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_&_Death

I'n hoping when my son gets up he has enoughpoints on his card for a tank of gas. I'm out & need to go get my spring water to brew with.

Cold front came in yesterday for a few days,scrounged enough money for some 12 gallons of spring water to brew my two batches of PM IPA with. Son has points off card for gas,so it's on! Finally.

Its a nice fall day today. Sunny and highs in the mid sixties so I'm taking the kids to the cider mill for some cider, donuts, apple and raspberry picking and maybe the corn maze. Should be fun.

Riding the commuter train to my folks to help them move furniture again. It's my first time on it.

It's about the same cost gas vs. fare and about the same amount of travel time.

Tomorrow I'm bottling a banana - lavender honey melomel.

Coaching my son's soccer match. Nothing, even brewing, is more fun than watching your son (or daughter) having a blast running around chasing a ball. Good times.

Tomorrow I'm bottling a banana - lavender honey melomel.

Have you tasted this yet? What's it like? I've done a few berry melomel's in the past to good effect, but never thought of using banana. Puree? Whole fruit?

I'm nursing a big toe I fractured adt night while grilling steaks. And the temps are in the low 70's with no humidity and a constant breeze. Probably head up to a bar and watch the Alabama @ Texas A&M game in a few

Have you tasted this yet? What's it like? I've done a few berry melomel's in the past to good effect, but never thought of using banana. Puree? Whole fruit?

You have to pulp banana otherwise it makes a fibrous, thick sludge layer in the fermenter. It's like pumpkin in that regard.

The lavender honey completely overwhelmed the banana flavor. It would have to be redone with a lighter flavored honey.

You have to pulp banana otherwise it makes a fibrous, thick sludge layer in the fermenter. It's like pumpkin in that regard.

That's funny. I have a pumpkin ale sitting in the basement with 3" of sludge sitting on the bottom. First time I added Libby's pie filling instead of roasting the punkins and boiling the chunks. Time will tell, but I bet my 5 gals turned into 4.5.

Latest posts

Back