What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was house-hunting this past weekend, and next weekend we'll be at my parents' house. Good thing, too, they're the only folks on the planet who have bottles of my last oatmeal stout. :)

Holy ****. I dunno anything about Zen, but I bet beer would help. That sounds intense... better make it a boilermaker.

Yes, beer would help. Especially if I had enough stuff to brew a quick batch. All I have left in my supplies is a one ounce packet of hops that are really old, some corn sugar, and a packet of yeast from a can of Cooper's Light Malt.

Throwing SWMBO's 40th birthday party in the backyard. It's gonna be a huge one, with three grills and a paella pan all going at the same time.

Enjoying already brewed beers at the Covert Hops summer picnic. I wasn't going to go originally for a number of reasons, but I have a friend who is look at getting into the hobby, so I'm going to bring him around to meet some of the other local brewers and get advice, as well as sample some of their successes.

Leaving for MoJam selfbow jamboree in Marshall, Mo. It is the largest (most fun) bow making/shooting event in the world...and it's FREE. Camping free as well...arrow making, flintknapping, wood shaping, clout shoots, 3D...all of fun stuff. This is my annual vacation... it's awesome to watch 200 arrows flying across an open field all at once... :)

Leaving for MoJam selfbow jamboree in Marshall, Mo. It is the largest (most fun) bow making/shooting event in the world...and it's FREE. Camping free as well...arrow making, flintknapping, wood shaping, clout shoots, 3D...all of fun stuff. This is my annual vacation... it's awesome to watch 200 arrows flying across an open field all at once... :)

And it gives you shade in which to sip your beer. Or fight to the death against the Persian army. Your choice.

And it gives you shade in which to sip your beer. Or fight to the death against the Persian army. Your choice.

there is a great need for constant hydration...lots of homebrews to try... best Apple Pie I ever had...nothing like drinking from a chilled 2 gallon crock. :)

Installed two more electrical circuits into my house. Only like 6 or 7 left to go out of 30 total.

Cooking up a 130 pound pig. Went over the coals over an hour ago. Going to prep and cook up a couple dozen chickens to smoke too. Drinking all day. Tubing tomorrow. If the hangover allows

Racing! Start loading the stuff tomorrow night. Head to the track Thursday. Teat and Tune Friday then 24 hours STRAGHT of car racing in a terrible GM minivan.

Taking three TAD bottles to the track for Friday night festivities and our engine hoist usually earns us a case or more for teams that blow up early...and often.

98 cars are registered and paid so about 80 should take the green on Saturday morning. Not the biggest field we have seen but at night, more than 50 on a 1.9 miles road course is challenging.

Made a bottle crate:mug:

DSC_0047 – koopia.JPG

Girlfriend's dad's birthday this weekend, so we're going out with them to have lunch and then going to my cousin's little get together at her house. Probably going to try and catch a session at the skatepark on Saturday mroning before heading to my gf's dad's bday lunch.

Thinking about buying ball valve stuffs for my cooler, but that might have to wait until next weekend.

Taking the motorcycle out for a few hours. Then having the club over to my house for a backyard movie night.

Heading to the beach. I need a vacation badly. Just have to make it through until tomorrow 3ish pm.

Virginia Beach? Love it out there. My family has been going there for years for vacation, not every year sadly, but every few. We stay at a hotel on the beach, which is pretty awesome. Love waking up to the sound of waves.

I am actually brewing this weekend, so I will comment no further.

Virginia Beach? Love it out there. My family has been going there for years for vacation, not every year sadly, but every few. We stay at a hotel on the beach, which is pretty awesome. Love waking up to the sound of waves.

I am actually brewing this weekend, so I will comment no further.

Actually further than that. Heading to southern NC noth of Wilmington. Only going to be there until tuesday evening. Been going to this beach for the past 20some years.

Fixing the buried wiring on a home septic system and completing the skirting on the front side of my brewshed if the weather allows.

Probably end up racking 10 gallons of a cream ale into kegs this weekend as well.

Actually further than that. Heading to southern NC noth of Wilmington. Only going to be there until tuesday evening. Been going to this beach for the past 20some years.

Just got back from Sunset Beach last Saturday. Carolina coast is amazing right now.

I'm going to the Michigan Brewer's Guild summer beer fest. A total of 103 breweries and over 930 different beers. AND they are all from right here in Michigan.

Should be awesome.

Using my electric brewery to make sous vide pork chops. Sous vide is really good at doing a couple things. One of them is perfectly cooking 2" thick pork chops you get at Costco.

YUMM

I managed to:
- Acquire and clean up 2 more cornies
- Clean up some bottles
- Replace all my gas and beverage lines and get my kegerator back online
- Find a newly formed crack in my barely 1 year old granite countertop :mad:
- Have my daughter drop and shatter her iPad screen. :mad:
- Took a lightning strike that killed my feeder line from the house to the septic system so next weekend I am digging up and replacing a run of conduit between my house and septic system :mad:

Good and bad, but no beer got brewed. I would have probably screwed it up anyhow as I was pretty out of sorts with the house issues going on.

Watching "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey beat the snot out of Bethe Correia...

The darkness is creeping toward her.

I will be watching my friend's dogs. Again. Beer to be bottled will be put in the fridge for an extended cold-crash, then bottled on Monday & my RIS brewed later that day.

Well, tomorrow night I'll be going to a pilot tasting for a new brewery that is set to open next spring.

But I'll be brewing later in the week.

Instead of brewing, I'll be buying brewing equipment!

Making the switch to all grain going MIAB, so I'll be ordering a bag for my cooler. Then I'll be going to home depot to buy a ball valve/fittings/silicone tubing for the cooler, stuff to make a hop spider, and then stuff to make a wort chiller.

I'll probably try to figure out what my first all grain brew should be.

Aside from brewing stuff on a non-brewing weekend, probably skatepark Saturday morning to afternoon. Then Sunday, meeting up with my girlfriend's cousin and his fiance for brunch at a place called Bacon & Butter.

Going to Bull Lake Idaho for a weekend of water fun with the girlfriend and her friends. Then Fantasy Draft on August 8th, then brew day on august 9th!

Back