What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed a batch of Kombucha, which will be on tap. Also finished sand blasting the sign for my kegerator, next will be staining.

Picture 511.jpg

Work, then a Reds game today. Yard work then probably (hopefully) skeet shooting with friends tomorrow. :rockin:

Planted eight 21 feet rows of sweet corn, and six 30 feet rows of snap beans. Can't wait till late June early July.

Will there be baijiu?

No thank you. Not a baijiu fan. Unlike other liquors, where the quality stuff, if not always the cheap stuff, can be enjoyed, even top-shelf baijiu is abhorrent to the palate.

I'd say there were about 15 people there, maybe half of whom have actually homebrewed beer. There were another couple guys trying to sell us Speidel equipment and half a dozen who were either interested in homebrewing or just wanted to drink our beer. The bar was nice - by far the best beer selection I've seen in China, though I haven't been to any of the big bottle shops in Beijing or Shanghai. Perhaps the highlight of the meeting came near the end when the guy who organized it pulled out the ~20 kilos of group buy hops in beat-up Yakima Chief boxes and started opening the vacuum-sealed bags to split them up. I didn't get any because I'll be well-overstocked when my sister comes in a week and a half, but the smell was heavenly.

Working 12-hour night shifts all weekend... got my brewing done in the middle of the week.

Got first of 2 boxes from More Beer! yesterday,2nd not packed yet. Still have to cut hole for spigot on my new fermenter that's been laying dormant since I got it a couple months ago. Gonna start brewing the ESB Monday or Tuesday after I get exhaust looked at & pick up local spring water. The ESB kit even has honey malt in it with special roasted malt. Kinda wish the Irish red would've got here first though.

Neice's 5th birthday party, helping my mom plant a veggie garden. Then, after my kids are in bed, bottling Saison du Vin and Honey Kölsch batches.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well,I got some things cleaned & put away,got the spigot mounted on my new fermenter. Gotta rinse the PBW outta a dip jar so It'll be ready to save some of the S-04 from these two new brews. Every penny counts.:mug:

Had planned to brew, but dealt with a teething baby instead. No sleep means I can't focus to get anything done.

Went to Carton Brewing for their release of Comma, a black saison with peppercorns. I always leave that place inspired to brew.

Had plans to brew Sunday. I happened to catch the bug my daughter was sick with during the week, on Saturday. Spent most of Sunday in bed or moping around the house in pain. Luckily it didn't last very long, but it sure did screw up my weekend.

Watch out for this one if it gets into your house. It's a doozy. It hits quick, not being able to keep any food or liquids down for the first 4 hours, then it drains all your energy and gives you a throbbing headache. Kind of like a megahangover, without the night of fun before hand.

I'm still a little fuzzy this morning, but I am already planning my brew for this weekend.

Was supposed to brew the previous weekend, but I did something to my back... just woke up Sunday with it killing me... it is finally feeling better, though still tight... so I didn't brew this last weekend either...

Now its Easter weekend.. and we'll be going to my brother-in-laws place... so no brewing.. boo!

I am off all week for Spring Break and am hoping to knock out 5 batches. 1 sour brown, hoppy wheat, 4 grain table saison, wit beer, and American style hefe. I also need to bottle 2 batches.

Taking the family to my parents and bringing a few growlers full of my black IPA for friends and fam there.

Busy damn weekend coming up! First, at 11 am Saturday I will attend my first beer tasting at the new LHBS followed by Gamecock baseball and finally watching the UFC! That's 3 beer drinking events that are damn near back to back to back...

getting some 15 to 20ft bettle kill pine poles from the crown land behind my house to use as poles for my Hops which should arive next week.

Going to the Manayunk Beerfest (Saisons!!!) on Saturday... but will be brewing a Barley Wine and partigyle Saison on Sunday.

This afternoon I'm a timer at my wife's high school district track meet so I'll be standing in the wind and sun with a stopwatch in my hand. That should be the highlight of my weekend since this is my weekend on call-very little drinking before Sunday afternoon. Hopefully I'll have time to keg my IPA tomorrow.

soccer game for my 6 year old, then a 4H event - we might sign her up for it on Saturday and then a kid's birthday party Sunday. ugh. and another kid birthday party next weekend! :/

I'll be moving my toolbox to a new shop tomorrow morning, then getting a tattoo and then out to dinner w/ my family. Sunday we are going to the zoo and I have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off then start my new job on Thursday.

I'm gonna get KOTC to help me grind up all the beautiful chuck roast I bought on sale today, package it in 1 pound packs, and freeze. Then we'll roast the bones, make stock, and can it. It's so nice to have homemade stock ready when I need it.

Soccer in the am and daughters 4th bday party in the afternoon. Lots of home brew drinking in the pm.

Throwing my garden together. I think I am also going to set aside a place to grow some hops this year.

I am waiting until next week for national brewing day. My LHBS has 50% off of 4 different recipes, so waiting until then to brew.

I have to go in to work to run a few more trials on a GF bread formulation I'm developing. But I'll be mashing up some wort while I'm there, so I guess I am working and brewing. :)

Spent the day at a local gun range. We had a pot luck lunch and alot of shooting. It was pretty cool!

Now I'm drinking and typing.

pb

Bought a decent amount of produce. The weather's been kinda s___ here lately so the selection was kind of lacking but a good haul and nice time with my girls :)

Back