What are you currently drinking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vav

Reaction score
And how is this not a staple thread? :cross:

Founders Centennial IPA.

Tonight ive had one of my Stone IPA clones. Only one week in the bottle, just wanted to test it:D 2 Lion Stouts. Very good. Full bodied, nice malty flavor. Nice coffee and chocolate flavors too. After that Im gonna drink my last Oktoberfest and then its off to bed!!!!

A bottle of my Old ale I made last March.. pretty good but starting to get cardboardy.

Nothing beats a good plan!

I took the night off. But yesterday, I had some New Belgium Mothership Wit. Pretty good and unique stuff (as usual from NB).

I thought so too, but that other thread is a little bloated. so.....

Habanero ale - Yummy but I can only drink one at a sitting, also my "sorta sierra" ipa that I brewed for swmbo...hmm... it is pretty good too!

Right now I'm at the office so I'll have to stick to coffee.

After the kids go to bed tonight it'll be a few Ordinary Bitter's while I keg a couple batches.

Right now I have my winter stout that is kind of my staple at the moment. I am also trying to keep my hands off of my IPA that needs another couple of weeks of conditioning (it is hard though, it is already very good), and I have maybe a pint or two left of my Belgian Golden Ale, I am gonna miss that one. On reserve though I have a nice ESB and a Dubbel that I am looking forward to around Feb.

Sierra Nevada Stout and I don't know why I bought it. I really don't care for it too much.

What are they trying to prove with all that black patent malt? It just tastes overly burnt to me.

We have my Hefe, Coffee Stout & Belgian Golden Strong Ale in the fridge with some Clipper City Peg Leg Impy Stout.

Kicking back with a Coffee Stout right now...tasty!

Finally had Hoegaarden for the first time tonight. It's OK, not sure what I think overall. It's good enough to finish the 6-pack.

brewt00l said:
As good as they say?

I would definitely like to try Bender, Furious and Darkness.

I have had Bender and Furious, both very good.

I cant have the Bender back to back, its very heavy and complex, it warms you right up though. I cant really compare it to any true style.

The Furious is furious, no joke. Same thing, its great but its hard to have it back to back. I think its like 100+ IBU.

Im hoping to get my hands on Darkness when they bottle it, they are doing less than 500 750ml bottles. 15 bucks a piece, I might grab one.

mr_stimey said:
I have had Bender and Furious, both very good.

I cant have the Bender back to back, its very heavy and complex, it warms you right up though. I cant really compare it to any true style.

The Furious is furious, no joke. Same thing, its great but its hard to have it back to back. I think its like 100+ IBU.

Im hoping to get my hands on Darkness when they bottle it, they are doing less than 500 750ml bottles. 15 bucks a piece, I might grab one.

you're killin me!

brewt00l said:
We have my Hefe, Coffee Stout & Belgian Golden Strong Ale in the fridge with some Clipper City Peg Leg Impy Stout.

I've never had that Clipper City Stout. Let me know what you think.

I had there IPA and I enjoyed it a lot except it gave me that not-so-quite-right feeling in the morning.

BNVince said:
I've never had that Clipper City Stout. Let me know what you think.

I had there IPA and I enjoyed it a lot except it gave me that not-so-quite-right feeling in the morning.

It's really pretty tasty though to me it seems more like a robust/impy porter than a stout. Plenty malty with chocolate/caramel/toffee flavors and very little if any roast or bitterness. Light alcohol on the back end and a moderately thin mouthfeel.

brewt00l said:
It's really pretty tasty though to me it seems more like a robust/impy porter than a stout. Plenty malty with chocolate/caramel/toffee flavors and very little if any roast or bitterness. Light alcohol on the back end and a moderately thin mouthfeel.

I'm sold! You should do marketing for them on the side.

Last night, growler of Two Hearted Ale, tried a bottle of bells double cream stout, and a Honkers Ale. Today, more Two Hearted Ale, and the rest of the Honkers while I do my first AG!!!!!!

Back