What are you bringing to the table for thanks giving.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crookedibrews

Reaction score
I'm smoking a ham for six hours. I started this morning like 5am. I will be bringing the family a cream ale I brewed 2 months ago for this occasion. They really haven't embraced the craft beer scene yet so I will be breaking them in with something light.
I wanted to start a thread where we could share what other homebrew and food pairings will be passed around the table today. :tank::tank:
I personally will be drinking a imperial IPA mmmmm . And feel free to post your crazy family drama drunkin stories as we'll. I love this time of year.

Cheers HBT

Victory hop devil should be good with herbed turkey,since it has that spiced hop thing goin. I'm servin my All NZ hopped Maori IPA & my new Cougar country IPA's with the herbed,southern stuffed turkey,southern style candied yams,taters,gravy,caramelized brussel sprouts,rolls,etc. I think it'll be interesting to see which IPA goes better with the turkey. Will report back tomorrow on that one.
But Christmas dinner will be a 10lb turkey & honey ham in the bbq pit with ash wood. Whiskely stout & vanilla robust porter with those.

Parents are doing all the cooking, so I'm bringing 6 bombers of Pumpkin Ale and some Apfelwein.

Let's see.

Roast turkey and stuffing
Hard cider turkey gravy
garlic mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives
roasted buttered squash
fresh cranberry orange chutney with walnuts
baking powder buttermilk biscuits
brulee'd maple bourbon pumpkin pie with chocolate crust and whipped cream

White wines:
2010 crabapple wine
2010 pinot grigio
2013 hard apple cider
2012 rhubarb wine

For after dinner, we have "Chubby Chipmunk" (sorta Fat Squirrel clone), "Wanna be Pliny", and "India Red Ale" on tap.

Since there will only be 6 of us, plus a baby, we're only having a few side dishes and one pie.

I made it all, and nobody is bringing anything.

It is just my wife and I so we are not doing traditional.

I am making braised duck with leeks and dried cherries, braised in a good BDSA. Roasted root veg and a nice salad.

Lots of good homebrew to drink.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I'm doing Gordon Ramsay's recipe for Beef Wellington. Just me for Thanksgiving and I just started a diet so not a bunch of sides.

An Italian red wine I brewed for accompaniment.

Mmmmm it comes out of the oven in 24 minutes!

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

I brought Jolly Pumpkins La Roja for anyone who would want to try their first sour beer. It went ok. Most people just kept saying, "Well it's interesting..." Ha. That's ok. I wasn't expecting anyone to love it, but at least most people tried it.

Let's see.

Roast turkey and stuffing
Hard cider turkey gravy
garlic mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives
roasted buttered squash
fresh cranberry orange chutney with walnuts
baking powder buttermilk biscuits
brulee'd maple bourbon pumpkin pie with chocolate crust and whipped cream

White wines:
2010 crabapple wine
2010 pinot grigio
2013 hard apple cider
2012 rhubarb wine

For after dinner, we have "Chubby Chipmunk" (sorta Fat Squirrel clone), "Wanna be Pliny", and "India Red Ale" on tap.

Since there will only be 6 of us, plus a baby, we're only having a few side dishes and one pie.

Wow my mouth is watering.

Standard dinner with Wife's family... if I ever get out of work to make it on time. Brewed them an APW. I'd love to get a round of the Cream Ale & Pumpkins to have with dinner, though.

Let's see.

Yooper is my heroine!

That said, I'm taking a ham (glazed with brown sugar, pineapple juice and honey) to my Dad's...

My family hasn't embraced the craft beers very much, so I'm taking my Coal Town DCA, my year 1 Cranberry-Pomegranate Sour and my recently Silver Medaled, Belgian Golden Rye. :ban:

Happy Thanksgiving to all my family of brewers here on HBT!

about to start frying two turkeys, gravy is already made. I will be the only one drinking since we are not at MY family's, but thats ok, as I am already getting a nice buzz. Looks like my wife will be doing the driving!

Beer-wise, I have an APA and a RIS for later.

I'm at the in laws... Traditional dinner. My wife is a stellar baker and made some pumpkin pie (she was upset at the request as she feels it's below her ability ! Ha!) some bourbon pecan cupcakes with maple buttercream frosting and an apple crumble cheesecake.

I brought a sampling of beers for my BIL and me. Only craft drinkers in the family. Starting with Avery maharaja. Also have some home brewed iipa and pumpkin porter. Finish with a few founders breakfast stouts. Happy football and turkey day! Gobble gobble!

Dupont Special Saison
Tart of Darkness
The Bruery 1000th batch
Funkwerks Deceit
A growler of Yooper's Oatmeal Stout
...and maybe a few other bombers.

Also some irish cheddar, some english huntsman's, and a locally made goat cheese with cherries.

Turkey is frying away nicely & I just finished an Alewerks (formerly Williamsburg Ale Werks) Cafe Royal (Coffee stout aged in bourbon barrels)....AMAZING...

Oh yeah, and COMHOMFLT has the roasted Brussels sprouts w/bacon, red potatoes & garlic and home made dressing in the oven...

Will be pairing some chocolate stouts & BB Vanilla Porter with the banana cream pie, pumpkin cheesecake & sweet potatoe pie with friends later...I too love this time of year! Cheers all!

We are having our 3rd Annual Orphan's Thanksgiving. I did the easy stuff, a turkey and a pot of gravy. Blackberry cider, a Wheat and a Bière de Garde on tap.

I decided to put in some kit beers I brewed a while back. Right now in the fridge are a shining star pale ale, kiwi express ipa, smashing pumpkin ale (all from Northern Brewer), edmund fitzgerald porter (Great Lakes Brewing), Sierra Nevada Torpedo, and my own creation an imperial black IPA.

Did the cooking and the dishes. Finished the dinner with my oak & rum infused Scottish ale, I brewed in Sept from a recipe I found here on HB Talk. Life is good. Happy Thanksgiving all.

I wasn't able to make it to our family thanksgiving this year as I'm on call for work, so my wife went and I sent some of my latest brew -Belgian IPA.

Going to my wife's Gramma's house with about 30 other in-laws. It's actually a total BLAST! I married into a great family that makes great food. I will be bringing a keg of IPA to share. Likely will be emptied in a few hours... I love my in-laws

I'm here on the couch because I ate till I didn't feel good. The usual turkey and sides except we made a green bean hotdish (anyone from Minnesota?) with tator tots on top. Boy that was good with turkey gravy on top. Still have Shoo fly pie to go.

We kicked the tap on my Best bitter today, but lucky still have a Brown on tap. I need to carb the keg of Alt I have conditioning.

Oh yes, nothing could be complete today without the furnace shutting down. I wonder what the bill from the plumber will be that had to come over mid-day today? Better keep drinking.

I'm a good 7 hours from Grayling. Still a long drive, but doable!

Well I flew into Detroit, drove to Grayling to teach classes to MI National Guard on base for 3 days and then drove back to Detroit to come home.

In any case, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Our Thanksgiving Dinner Menu:

Green salad with homemade poppy seed dressing
(2) 16# Turkeys, smoked
Garlic mashed potatoes
Roasted rosemary red potatoes
Bread stuffing
Wild rice stuffing
Garlic green beans
Cranberry sauce
Mushrooms in red wine reduction
Dinner rolls
Centennial/Citra Pale Ale