• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wgv hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolanex

Reaction score
I have a few lbs of WGV(Whitbread Golding Variety) hops from last year. They were sealed in a big maylar block and stored in a freezer till recently. They have been broken up into smaller 1lb food saver bags. $8/lb +shipping.

AA 6.5
crop year 2010

These are pellet hops. They will be shipped thru flat rate envelopes. I believe i can get up to 2lbs in one for $5.

More about the hops:
Originally grown in Kent starting in 1911. It was a proprietary hop for the Whitbread Beer Company. Moderate hoppy aroma with a sweet fruity note. Commonly used in English style beers, but is now being used in pale ales especially for dry hopping. Giving a clean bitterness when used as a bittering hop and a great hoppy aroma and fruit overtones for aroma hops.

Alpha acid (range) 5.5 to 7.5%
Beta Acid (range) 2.0 to 2.7%
Ratio Alpha : Beta 2.8:1
Cohumulone (% of alpha) 34%
Total oils ml/100g (dry) 0.8 to 1.2

I'd never heard of them either and had to google.

The official WGV Hops online resource. WGV stands for Whitbread Golding Variety. Originally grown in Kent starting in 1911. It was a proprietary hop for the Whitbread Beer Company. Moderate hoppy aroma with a sweet fruity note. Commonly used in English style beers, but is now being used in pale ales especially for dry hopping. Giving a clean bitterness when used as a bittering hop and a great hoppy aroma and fruit overtones for aroma hops.

Alpha acid (range) 5.5 to 7.5%
Beta Acid (range) 2.0 to 2.7%
Ratio Alpha : Beta 2.8:1
Cohumulone (% of alpha) 34%
Total oils ml/100g (dry) 0.8 to 1.2

I'm curious about this hop. Price for 1lb shipped to 95403?

Back