We're preggos!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
Well, after being told from the doc that my wife would probably never be pregnant.. so after being married for a year, we stopped using "protection".

To our surprise, she is preggos! That didn't take long!:cross:

We are excited and just told the parents last night..

Any tips from a dad's perspective would be great! As I am stressed out!

Thanks guys!:mug:

wahoo! Wow, so you can make beer and babies! Congrats man! (now you'll have a new partner to get in trouble with the wifey with)

Congrats! Children are a wonderful thing!

Having 3 children of my own I can say...Get your sleep now, because for about 2-3 months after the baby comes you won't be getting any (sleep or anything else). Actually, my first slept through the night at 6 weeks, but the other two woke up 2-3 times every night until they were 2 or 3 months old.

just relax, you'll be okay...

there is the mild panic attack once you realize the hospital is letting you leave with this "new" thing that you have no clue how to take care of :D

seek advice from family and friends and use your better judgment.

btw, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! My wife is just about to deliver our first next month. The only advice I can give is RELAX. oh, and try to enjoy the 2nd trimester. if you are going to have the baby in nashville, Baptist is supposed to be awesome.

Congratulations! My first just turned 6 months. It' s really not as hard as everybody makes it sound. Just be ready for horrible formula burps.

Congratulations.

I have three in/out of college and one going to highschool. All girls.

If I had it to do over again...I'd relax more. Worry less. And yes...drink more homebrew.

thanks for the worry less suggestion.. i already have two cold sores on my lip from the stress!! lol

I think there's a baby brewer boom going on!

Congratulations!!!

congrats!

Quick note, though: you and everyone else are hereby prohibited from using the terms "preggo", "preggos", and "preggers". That sh*t is worse that "hubby".

Here is some sound advice for you from a father of a 5 month old. Brew all you can now!!!!!! It is not easy to find time to brew once the little one arrives.

Congrats! I can give you no fatherly advice, cause I know what makes babies and how to stop it.:cross:

Quick note, though: you and everyone else are hereby prohibited from using the terms "preggo", "preggos", and "preggers". That sh*t is worse that "hubby".

Yeah but it's still doesn't even touch "keggle".

:D

Well done, aekdbop. A couple of tips for you. Babies are the most selfish creatures in the world. They don't care how tired, hungry, sore, or anything else that you are. They will squall until you service their needs. If you get angry, walk away and let the baby yell for a bit. Don't change a diaper at 3:00 AM after the 2:30 AM feeding if you're angry. They don't know any better.

Next tip. SWMBO is going to nest big time. Don't get in her way. Women have an instinct for this stuff and even if you think she's going overboard, do it her way. If you don't, she'll feel that not only aren't you supporting her, but you're actually something she has to protect the baby from. That makes her workload even greater.

Oh, and start saving now in case you too have to buy all the copies of a 'BierMuncher's Brood Gone Wild' video set. :D

here is an update.. just 6 weeks in.

BrianJr.jpg

Back