well water testing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyguner03

Reaction score
i just got off the phone from my local health dept. and they said we test for nitrates and bacteria. would this be a good way to go? should i just go with wards? if i go with my health dept. i have drive 20-30min to get a kit and then drive an other 20 -30min to drop off my sample and spend $35. What do you think health dept. or Wardlabs?

The water test done by your health department is about your health or especially the health of your young kids if you have them. Ward Labs testing that is discussed on this forum is more about the health of your beer, the mineral composition of the water that provides what the enzymes need when changing starches to sugars when you start with grains instead of extracts. If you are only brewing with extract, the maltster who made that extract took care of the proper minerals for you.

Latest posts

Back