Well water chemistry ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shizog4

Reaction score
hey guys, it’s been a minute since I’ve been on the board, and also been a minute since I’ve Brewed. In the last year I’ve worked so much over time I paid debt down, bought a seadoo, new truck and a house (my first!!!!!) and have sacrificed brewing beer.

Well I am getting back into it, and was curious about my well water. Is it worth paying for a water test? I would think well water chemistry would change fairly often, what do you think?

I'm not sure why well water would change unless it would be due to contamination. Where I live, the groundwater chemistry hasn't changed, as far as anyone can tell, since the end of the last Ice Age.

If you don't get your water tested, how will you know if it's changing, or not?

Unless your well is right along a river, its water quality should be pretty constant. If its a shallow well, it has higher possibility of varying water quality. If its a deep well, don't worry about it.

Get the test so that you can understand if it will work for brewing.

I’m not exactly sure how deep it is, we just bought the house in August. I must’ve been thinking something more volatile lol. I was thinking the rain water and such had more of an effect as it’s trickles down through the earth but I am guessing it doesn’t.

Latest posts

Back