well i'm drinking a dumper...WWYD, lol

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had a choice of drinking a dumpper, or whiskey...

• Drink the dumpper because it makes you feel good

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Drink the whiskey because it tastes good, even though you won't feel good

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i got a dumpper, or i'll call it a sipping beer for a laugh.....

i got jugs of aged booze i could drink instead....but hard alcohol has never made me feel as good as beer/wine/cider does.....similar, but so different....

(for the record, as the title says you know what i'd do...try and convince myself it's not that bad...it is though ;))

I would just go buy beer that tastes good. I’m not one to try and save a beer or sit on it for months I’ll just dump it and move on and I hate the taste of whisky.

I’d vote but go buy beer isn’t an option 😁

i was actually thinking of adding "have instacart deliver 2 30packs of miller high life, and 10 gallons of apple juice"....

it has been 9 months since i bought any alcohol, their about due for a round......

or it'd only take an hour or two to "filter it", and then just buy some lemon juice, and add the filter stuff back to the keg burst carb it, and be on my merry way....

To me, it depends on why it's a dumper. I've had beers that were ok-ish, but not something I would reach for. Like sometimes I would make a low-key beer, but it would be too low-key and would just be too boring. In that case, I'd pour maybe 4 ounces of that with 12 ounces of an IPA, which would make a nice combination.

Sorry, unable to truly relate, but if I was ever confronted with an actual dumper and had any alternative adult beverage I'd definitely opt for the latter...

Good luck...

Cheers!

it tastes like hay from the rootlets....i ended up wimping out and kinda going with day_trippr....

i have 10 gallons of apple juice fermenting, it started at 1.068, it's down to ~1.030....so i'm just pitchering it out of the fermenter....still makes it 5.0% ABV....and it's like candy sweet...

carollina_matt's idea isn't too bad though....but i think i'll do what i do with dumpers....and make hard lemonaid...all my jugs are full already..... and the topic of hard seltzer came up recently in another thread....and i haven't had my lemon aid in a while....

Too bad to distill?

definenitly not.....just need to put back in the fermenter so i can dope it up with sugar, it'll turn two kegs of dumpper beer into four kegs of hard lemonaid.....

i might try gelatin first in the keg, but nothing a actual waste to me, even if the distilate was foul, it's still useful ethanol for science projects.....

Drink whiskey @bracconiere...less is more brother...life's too short to drink dumper beer

welll as mentioned above....i drank a pitch of half fermented cider, then decided....you know my new found method of burst carbing would be fun to try out again...so i dumpped the undrank apple juice back in the fermenter, mixed 3.5lb's of homemade rum(65%), with 32oz pineapple juice, added some sugar, topped up with water....

added 1.5oz's of co2 to it at 50psi....so i got a full keg of alco-pop, that should last me till the cider is done....

I'm not a whiskey dude. And I've come close to dumping...I can't bring myself to do it. I just think about the ingredients, the time, etc...and I hate seeing it go down the drain. I suppose I've never had any taste like or smell like near-death, and it did make me feel warm and fuzzy...but...

Back