Well, I didn't kill it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanJuanWorm

Beer. Because you can’t drink bacon.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My first full liquid extract brew, and everything went very well. The yeasties were dormant for a while (2 days, Wyeast London Ale 1098) so I was worried that something had gone wrong. Thankfully, they were just asleep, and needed some great sorghum and malts to wake up! Woohoo! 3 more days until the Secondary and happy days.

-M.

alive.jpg

Last edited:
It's a Brewer's Best (non) Gluten-Free LME kit, with an added 1.5kg of Light LME and a touch of yeast nutrient. So in reality, the additional Light LME technically makes it a regular beer, just made with sorghum syrup as the main ingredient!

Just took a sample, it's still got a ways to ferment, OG-1.070 and the test was only 1.018. I think I'll transfer to the secondary, however, because it's very cloudy!!

No problem, crashing the sample in the freezer for a bit and there is no problem with slight carbonation already! :cool:

-M.

Last edited:
Got everything transferred without any problems, and it seems to be settling out already!

The airlock is happily bubbling away about every 10-15 seconds :D It tastes very good, cannot wait !

Sorghum_Secondary.jpg

Last edited:
Back