Well Done

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'd just like to say well done to all those brewers taking steps to produce great beer. I'm seeing lots of threads from people doing their first AG or mm brews.
It makes a refreshing change from all the "did I kill my beer" and "Why does my hooch taste like crap" threads that were drowning the board a few months ago.

I'd like to think HBT and it's members have helped you.

WELL DONE EVERY ONE
and happy brewing. :mug:

Hey orfy, why does my hooch taste like crap? Do you think I killed it? ;)

Seriously, it is cool seeing so many joining the fray! Brew on brewas!

Sparky, I wanted to get into brewing, but I didn't feel like reading up on it or learning how to do anything, I just wanted to do it. So I boiled 5 gallons of water with some hops, and added 8 lbs of refined table sugar. I put it into the bucket that I usually use to wash my car, and tossed a packet of bread yeast from the grocery store into it. I just tasted some, and it's not too good. What did I do wrong?

gy.gif

Evan! said:
Sparky, I wanted to get into brewing, but I didn't feel like reading up on it or learning how to do anything, I just wanted to do it. So I boiled 5 gallons of water with some hops, and added 8 lbs of refined table sugar. I put it into the bucket that I usually use to wash my car, and tossed a packet of bread yeast from the grocery store into it. I just tasted some, and it's not too good. What did I do wrong?

gy.gif

THAT explains the off-flavor in your IPA...

You didn't boil the table sugar long enough... :D

What are you going to do, Orfy? BAN me? Hell, I'll ban you!

This'll be like a Wild West shootout - which one of us can ban the other first... :D

This is a great site I know I have learned a lot since my first batch. All I have done right now have been three beer kits. First was my Honey Brown Ale (let's not get into that one) My Second is a Victorian Bitter. This one is going to be promising, and now the Royal Oak Kit from Morgans. I am feeling really comfortable making from a beer kit. now my next batch will be more challenging. thanks to all from Home brew talk forums....... Cheers all *Raises Glass:mug:

All I can say is that without this place, I woudn't have done half of what I've done, nor produced half as good of beer as I have.

Thanks!

Dan

Willsellout said:
All I can say is that without this place, I woudn't have done half of what I've done, nor produced half as good of beer as I have.

Thanks!

Dan

DITTO!

Everytime I ask a question (and there usually pretty lame noob questions at that) it does not take very long to get a few solid answers

seefresh said:
No way in the world I could've gone AG without this forums... thanks a ton folks!
Yeah! What he said! Friday night I was on my third AG. All went well. I sat down and read a few threads. Some one posted about oxygenating the wort I realalized oops there's something I forgot. Yeah couldn't do it without ya! :mug:

Ditto what everyone has said. I'm just hitting 1 year since my inaugural brew and can't imagine not having this forum as a resource. I'll mark the anniversary with my first partial mash and (hopefully) my 13-month with my first AG (c'mon, spring...)

orfy said:
I'd just like to say well done to all those brewers taking steps to produce great beer. I'm seeing lots of threads from people doing their first AG or mm brews.
It makes a refreshing change from all the "did I kill my beer" and "Why does my hooch taste like crap" threads that were drowning the board a few months ago.

I'd like to think HBT and it's members have helped you.

WELL DONE EVERY ONE
and happy brewing. :mug:

this is my new favorite post! can you feel the love?

whos got my molly?

Did my first all grain this weekend. I know I talk more than I brew, but I also read more than I brew, so that puts me in a minority of brewers... Not that others don't read... I know many people do, but it sure gives me a different knowledge base to go off of....

Anyway, I'm always appreciative of this forum and want to thank everyone for putting up with me. :tank:

evanmars said:
I'm not sucking anything!

Good to know. ;)

You guys all sound like a bunch of women, sharing feelings and all that crap. Get a grip!!!!!:D

Seriously, I love this place too. I've made some very good beers, and planning on many, many more. No way I would have ever considered formulating recipes (well, just a little bit) and going AG without you.

Back