Well Crap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinHooligan

Reaction score
Just bottled up 5 gallons of my Belgian Blonde. Things were going well until I capped all the bottles and was marking the caps with a Sharpie when I see one of the bottles has a small fly floating in it. Oh well, I pop the top, pour out a few ounces and the fly and pour the rest into a glass to pop into the fridge and drink. Pretty damn tasty! :tank:

I got kinda the opposite. I had some bottles I was a bit slow getting around to cleaning after a couple days drinking home brews. I was to find out where all those little flies went to. I was emptying the liquidy dregs into the sink,& the dead flies coated the inside of the bottles. I rinsed & scrubed them with my bottle brush. Then poured steaming hot water into each up to the shoulder to soak. When cooled down,rinsed scrubbed & rinsed again. Glad my FV's were sealed.

Ha,reminds me of the joke where the 3 guys deal with it in different ways. The Scotsman pics out the fly & yells "spit it out!". :D

Ha,reminds me of the joke where the 3 guys deal with it in different ways. The Scotsman pics out the fly & yells "spit it out!". :D

I was thinking of the exact same joke when I wrote it... In the version I've heard, the Brit complains to the bartender, the Scotsman just tosses the fly and continues drinking, and the Irishman yells at the fly "give it back, ya bastard!"

hahaha, i brother landed in my brothers beer while we were at the bar the other night (sitting outside) he plucked it out and chucked on the ground and went right on drinking.

Yeah,I'd forgotten the exact words as I heard it. But it fit so well it just popped into my head. I still chuckle at that one.

Well crap, I went to LHBS to pick up grain bill's and forgot my rice hulls so now waiting of the SWMBO to get back from the store and the LHBS.
Oh forgot realized that I was out of rice hulls when I picked up a grain bag to open it. CRAP!!!

I just poured the bastard down the sink but I should have demanded my beer back because this one's tasty!

One day an Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman walked into a pub together. They each bought a pint of Guinness. Just as they were about to enjoy their creamy beverage, three flies landed in each of their pints, and were stuck in the thick head. The Englishman pushed his beer away in disgust. The Scotsman fished the fly out of his beer, and continued drinking it, as if nothing had happened. The Irishman, too, picked the fly out of his drink, held it out over the beer, and started yelling, "SPIT IT OUT, SPIT IT OUT YOU BAS**RD!!!!"

Latest posts

Back