Well crap. Two regulators, different sized threads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKBrew

Reaction score
If anyone can respond ASAP that would be appreciated. Getting ready to make a Home Depot run. Thanks!!

Guess I just assumed that all regulators had same sized threads making connecting a breeze. Edit: After further analysis, it looks like one regulator has left hand threads and the other is right. Just got a new regulator and my plan was to gang them together and have a higher pressure one for soda/wheats and run the lower pressure one to the remainder of my kegs. I am thinking about an alternate arrangement and just wanted some feedback. Crappy paint sketch below.

Basically I'd be running the first regulator at a higher pressure (serving/carbonating pressure for whatever beer/Soda I have). Then the line would feed to the secondary regulator at my standard 10-12 psi.

Am I missing something simpler or blatantly wrong with this idea?

gas.jpg

Hope it isn't too late; I had a similar issue with my setup before. The reg in is reverse thread, while the splitter in your diagram you are coming out off (on your diagram) is regular, correct? Your best bet is to get one of these:

618BL.jpg

(image from this page on micromatic

and string the regs together, and have the Y as is for the one connection. It would end up looking like this

642-Battery.jpg

more or less; just run the Y off the one and you're set. Hope this helps!

The high-pressure side of standard regulators have left-handed threads. The low-pressure side and all taps on secondary regulators are right-handed.

(For the OCDs, I am including remote high-pressure regulators in the definition of standard.)

Back