Weldless on Tallboy Kettles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsemeyn

Reaction score
I am looking to build an electric boil kettle and have been shopping around. I saw that the Tallboy kettles from Midwest supplies is on sale this week. In the reviews someone wrote that they couldn't install Weldless components because of the narrow diameter of the pots. Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks,
Jesse

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well, they are the same diameter as the Megapot 1.2 kettle, and this can be shipped WITH weldless fittings. I don't think the kettle was the problem.

I agree. Sounds like operator error to me.

BTW... I have a 15g MegaPot 1.2 and the weldless fitting for the ball valve seals up just fine.

As others have said it is the same dimensions as the Megapot 1.2. As I understand it, they are basically the same design, but use a different type of stainless. See THIS POST.

Thanks guys. Ordered it and it's on its way.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I've been going between the 1.2 and Tall Boy. I will admit, the Megapot would just be for aesthetic reasons.

I have a Megapot, weld less works on it but you may need some thicker seals than what are typically used. I have what my LHS sells for cooler mash ton conversion on the outside.

Before that I always had a few leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm setting mine up as a CIP, so the bulkhead will be in the bottom, on the flat surface. Should seal up well there.

Back