Weldless kettle on a Brutus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhcamp01

Reaction score
I am looking for some thoughts on this. I have been looking at both 10/15 gallon options and I have been concerned about the gaskets that close to the heat. Any thoughts or have people had bad experiences?

People do it all the time. You might need to shield the valves from direct flame. The blingman kettles are all weldless and they are sold with big burners to heat them. High-temp silicone o-rings are your friend.

People do it all the time. You might need to shield the valves from direct flame. The blingman kettles are all weldless and they are sold with big burners to heat them. High-temp silicone o-rings are your friend.

Thanks for the reply. That was my thinking as well I just see more keggles then kettles unless they are the blichmanns.

The keggles work even better since they have the skirt at the bottom to help keep the flame at bay.

My buddy has a 8 gallon kettle with a weldless bulkhead for a ball valve and his blingman burner flames will lick at it sometimes. Not a single problem after many brews.

Back