Weldless boil pot fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simie

Reaction score
Brewers, I purchased a weldless thru fitting for my boil kettle. It's a 20 gallon bayou burner kettle. I want to put in the thru fitting and was wondering how far up from the bottom can you safely locate the hole for the pass thru? I would then put an elbow down to within about a 1/2 inch from the bottom of the kettle on the inside. Any thoughts and or suggestions. Tried siphoning last night and it takes too long. 12 gallon batches. Thanks all....Simie

I placed the elbow on the bottom of the pot and mark the spot slightly above that for clearance. Just try to stay above the curve at the bottom of the pot

^^^ yup, just want to make sure your silicon washers are above the curved bottom of the pot.

I placed the elbow on the bottom of the pot and mark the spot slightly above that for clearance. Just try to stay above the curve at the bottom of the pot

exactly what i did when i drilled my pot.

set the elbow on the bottom of the pot on top of 2 stacked quarters and made a mark at the top of the elbow on the inside of the pot.

Made sure to drill so that the mark was at the TOP of the resulting hole in the kettle.

Thank you gentlemen for your input..Will heed your advice. thanks Simie

Back