Weissbier fermentation problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikPT

Reaction score
So guys, this monday I made an hefeweizen (weissbier) and I had planned to ferment it for 3 days at 16,5 degrees celsius(62f) (and then gradually ramping up. What happened was that my thermostat is an stc 1000 and I had the cables not inside a box, so somehow a cable got disconnected and the whole thing wasn't working, today (tuesday) I went there and I realized it and quickly fixed the thermostat but the temp was at 22,5 degrees celsius(72,5f) . Now the temp is back to normal but I'm afraid it can stress the yeast or produce off flavors. Do you think this will be bad? I'm new to brewing and I just want to know what to expect from this mistake and ofc something that won't happen again...

For the Hefe yeast strains I'm familiar with, 72/73F (assuming that's the actual wort/beer temp) isn't a problem.

For the Hefe yeast strains I'm familiar with, 72/73F (assuming that's the actual wort/beer temp) isn't a problem.
Yes, I was using wyeast 3068 WEIHENSTEPHAN WEIZEN, I was just afraid the temp change would be a problem not the actual temp itself, like starting too high and then dropping more than 6 degrees celsius after just a few hours. Thanks, I think I can be less worried.

Back