Weird dots & dashes on Inkbird display.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olie

Reaction score
Went to fire up my inkbird today and it's got some "extra lights" on the display -- 3 dots over 2 dashes.

It's correctly showing the set temp (59°F) and the current temp (76.6*F), but these dots & dashes are new to me. The unit is a couple of years old and has been used maybe a dozen times; never seen these marks before.

Can't find anything in the manuals or Google search.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

IMG_9795.JPG

Last edited:
Can't find anything on that either. It seems all of the itc-3XX units share the same LED screen and the dashes and dots are clearly visible on all of them, yet there is zero information on what those indicators signify.

I'd send that image to ink-bird.com support and see if they'll respond...

Cheers!

Oh dear. I can see that this is not going to go well. Inkbird support replies:

Hello,
The product maybe have some problem.
Could you please:
If purchased from Amazon/ aliexpress/ official website, please provide order number.
If purchased from ebay, please provide your username.
If you don't have such information, may I ask what is your country?
Have you purchased this product for more than a year?
Thanks
Cassie

I'll post if I learn anything.

Hi, it's because the nixie tube wasn't installed properly.

Is that fixable? Is it a problem? Can I continue to use the unit? Do you have any more details?

Thanks!

Last edited:
hahahahaha! That's gonna cause a lot of young and young-ish folks to Google "nixie tube" :D

So...Any chance you can provide the secret decoder ring for those indicators?

Cheers!

It's rather complicated to fix it. It will not affect the use unless the temperature drops below zero. :)

Back