Wedding beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Rebel_Grizzly

Reaction score
I'm getting married in may and I want to make 15-20 gallons of beer for the rehearsal dinner. It's in may but will be hot already, even in the evenings. I would like to make 2-3 different kinds. I would mind aging one either.
What should I brew???

Imperial Stout to drink half at the party and bottle half and drink at the first anniversary. Way better than eating year old frozen cake. Two 5g batches of easy drinking dry hopped blonde to swill at will. A red ale for those who want a little sumpin sumpin in their glass.

Hard to beat that centenial blonde biermuncher posted for a easy drinking hot day favorite. I think we've had that on tap for the the last 3 summers.

I made quite a few kegs of beer for my wedding last year and everyone loved these two recipes

image.jpg

Maibock would be great. I did a red, a wheat, and my oktoberfest for my wedding. Okto being a traditional wedding beer.

Something Old - PreProhibition Pilsner
Something New - American Pale Ale
Something Borrowed - Use one of your friends beer recipes or make a clone of your future father in laws favorite beer
Something Blue - Blue Moon Clone

The three above would be great for warm weather and you could go a little heavier or higher ABV with the "Borrowed Beer"

Or make the Borrowed Beer something that will age and give to the wedding party and immediate family to open one year later to celebrate your anniversary

Back