Wedding Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nairb80

Reaction score
Giving out some home brew at a welcome gift for my wedding. I put on a personal label and waxed the bottle necks. Turned out pretty good. Taste good too.

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

Very nice! I've been thinking about doing the same thing. We're getting married at the end of August so I need to decide quick. I love the waxed caps, care to share the details on how you did it? I've read several of the posts around here on waxing caps already but would love to hear your process.

Thanks,

Curt

Great presentation and it looks rather tasty! I think it's a really good idea.

Very nice! I've been thinking about doing the same thing. We're getting married at the end of August so I need to decide quick. I love the waxed caps, care to share the details on how you did it? I've read several of the posts around here on waxing caps already but would love to hear your process.

+1 Is that store bought or did you DIY? I saw a post on here a while back that I just can't find again that uses a combination of crayola crayons and craft hot glue sticks. Either way, it looks fantastic!

Thanks,

Curt

Curt,
I used wax beads. Their usually used to wax wine bottles. I just boiled water in a pot. Then I poured the wax beads into a tin can and set the can in the boiling water, and waited for the wax to melt. Once it is melted you dip the bottle into the wax for 10-15 secs. It really easy and turns out great.

So is the wax just for show or is there some added benefit to waxing the bottle? I'm guessing for show but am curious now???

Just for show, but it looks nice. (e.g. nice champagne, Maker's Mark whiskey, nicer wines, etc). My LHBS has them in all colors for about $8.00- I might pick up some yellow or gold ones for bottles I'll use as presents.

Back