Website for Falsebottom+Weldless kit for Coleman 5 Gal Cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramgeva

Reaction score
Changed the topic as I understand I can do some fittings with the original spigot.
The question is if I can use some of the spigot parts and o-ring, will it endure hot liquids?
10x

Your best bet would be to measure the bottom interior of the cooler with a tape measure (like the flexible sewing ones if you have it) and compare it to the interior dimensions of a similar capacity Igloo cooler (Like this one - check the "interior dimensions bottom" on the Specifications tab. Then you should be able to figure out if the ones designed for Igloo, etc. will fit yours. You may have to do some jury rigging for the larger spigot hole, but there are several How To threads here that will show you how to close the gap pretty well while maintaining a good seal.

Your best bet would be to measure the bottom interior of the cooler with a tape measure (like the flexible sewing ones if you have it) and compare it to the interior dimensions of a similar capacity Igloo cooler (Like this one - check the "interior dimensions bottom" on the Specifications tab. Then you should be able to figure out if the ones designed for Igloo, etc. will fit yours. You may have to do some jury rigging for the larger spigot hole, but there are several How To threads here that will show you how to close the gap pretty well while maintaining a good seal.

10x
I think i can use some of the cooler original parts, but the question is if they are heat resistant?
Also I didn't find the threads about the closing the gap, can you point me?
10x

You can use the original gaskets which will hold up to the heat. On my hot liquor tank I also reused the plastic nut inside the cooler's original bulkhead to hold the ball valve in place without any issues.

If there is a large bulkhead hole through the wall of the cooler (I think your original post mentioned it was about 1.5 inches) you can seal the gaskets in place with food safe, high temp silicone sealant without leaching anything into the mash.

Back