Way too much whirlfloc!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schweedo

Reaction score
I saw a couple threads about this but only found one person that gave the outcome of his beer. This is a hopslam clone recipe from this forum, my first time using whirlfloc (a whole tablet in 1 gallon :/) and bry-97 yeast (which after reading the thread on here, may have been another mistake). Just curious if anyone has been in the same situation and how things went, I forgot to reduce the amount of whirlfloc with the rest of the recipe so I added 5-10x what I needed. It is bubbling my blowoff every few seconds so I don't doubt it's fermenting just looks verrrrrry strange... ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390934985.680573.jpg

Ha I sure hope so! I plan on cold crashing when fermentation is done to hopefully compact all that down. I haven't had a krausen form yet, lots of white bubbles but no normal beige colored foam. I have read that the bry-97 can take a very long time to get going though so hopefully it picks up the pace soon!

Latest posts

Back