Watery Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezak1gd

Reaction score
I found several other threads on this topic but was hoping for a more specific answer to my problem. I brewed 2 AG batches several weeks ago, on the same day. 1 Haus PA, 1 Irish Red. 3 weeks primary, 1 week in bottles so far. I hit my OG of 1.052 and FG was 1.010 in each case. Notty yeast. Both beers have a distinct watery taste/feel to them. My question: Is the only explanation for this "greenness?" I've never had this happen before (5 other AG), and both Brews went great. Theyre both 3.5 gallon batches BTW.

You could try mashing at a higher temp. This will leave a few more sugars after fermentation and build the body of the brew. Notty seems to eat just about everything if you mash lower than 150ish.

The Grain I used was about 6 months old. It was from BMW and was crushed and in a sealed bag. Could this have anything to do with the taste?

I would bet that this is just a case of green beer. The FG is at the low end for both styles, but not out of line.

Give it another month or two and it should be fine.

Back