watercooler converted to keg cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

833R

Reaction score
523.jpg
This thing was a watercooler that was getting tossed out. the compressor was still good, but the outside plastic was all messed up. (kitchen fire)
This is the prototype I have built, it works great. (On one cooler I had, broke the refrigerant line on it, garbage at that point. It was was nicer too.)
I had to test it before I finished the project. ran a few kegs threw it. Work slowed down at that point.
just need a fan in the bottom, it gets hot, a drip tray of some sort, and put the tap on.
The back black part is chalk board paint, no chalk. spilled beer on it though.
I have 2 stems for the tap, the copper is all green on this one, I thought it would look neat.

033.jpg
this foam isn't really the best for this, would be better if I used foam with a higher rating and interlocked the corners better. i kind of fixed it from the inside.
524.jpg
this tape is just to hold the foam up tight, put some caulking.
you can see the cooling ring down there, the keg sits right on top. I put little feet so it doesn't fall off or slide. also a pie plate, it gets icy. It cools down the whole keg.

037.jpg

133.jpg
so its 3 pieces for maintenance. the wood part is only really for show. The lid for the wood part just comes right off, no screws or anything.

Latest posts

Back