Water Testing kits for ph, mineral content etc

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opiate42

Reaction score
Cotacachi, Ecuador (formerly Toronto, Canada)
Hi Gang,

Going to be in South America soon and hoping to take a test kit with me that I can measure the water at home and in some towns we're visiting to see how they compare. SO's family visits and whatnot, might be brewing with them :)

Am browsing over Amazon and other sites but keep on finding mixed reviews on a lot of kits about certain tests not working or not enough supplies etc. Really new at the water chemistry side of things so starting completely from zero here.

Not sure I'll able to actually bring home water samples for lab testing and comparison to our tap water so am hoping to record a lot of this on the road if I can. Though will try to bring back samples if possible.

Any tips on good and relatively not insanely expensive kits to test for ph and mineral content?

I normally just use straight up tap water filtered and let sit for a day or so to gas the chlorine out (Toronto tap smells like a swimming pool to me) :p

Sliante!

Back