Water Profile What do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hout17

Crush it REAL Good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've received my water profile from Ward Labs. The water report looks great to me actually and it seems like I'll be able to adjust my water to fit different profiles rather easily. What are your thoughts? I like stouts, IPA's, Kolsch's and Browns.

I also have Beer Smith 3 and have the profile plugged in. I can pick a water profile for a style and have it adjust my water to fit the profile and it tells me what additions I need. I have chalk blocked so it won't use it.

I also have Bruin Water (which I have to get familiar with) but wanted to know if Beer Smith 3 would work well enough so that I can make accurate adjustments? This would be nice for the all in one package with recipes and such.

I'm getting ready to move on from Extract to All Grain using the batch sparge method (I'll still brew extract) and figured if I'm going to do it I want to dive in to the water end of it too since water makes up most of beer.

1589999598781.png

Last edited:
The water report looks great to me actually and it seems like I'll be able to adjust my water to fit different profiles rather easily. What are your thoughts?

Yes, that water is almost a blank slate. You can build just about anything from it.

Back